Sunday, March 10, 2013

WIWS: A Colorful Sunday and Special Birthday Celebration

For this week's edition of What I Wore Sunday, 
we've got a fun striped dress and leggings from Ross, with my boots from Kohl's.
Ellie and I attended mass together while the rest of the crew continued to recover
at home from the evil Norovirus that has plagued our family for over 10 days now.

All the colorful jewelry came as a birthday present from my parents (my mom has great taste!), 
and the purse was also stolen from my mom a few months ago.
She said it was too heavy for her and was just what I had been looking for!


Today was a special Sunday at our parish.  It would have been the 7th birthday of little Avery Jude, who passed away in a tragic accident last summer.  The mass was said for him and special prayers offered, as they prepare to build a basketball court on the church property in his honor.  The children released colorful balloons and we had a nice barbeque lunch and cupcakes.



Rest in the peace of Christ, Avery. 
And may God's peace and hope be upon his sweet family today.


Hopefully later tonight or tomorrow I can post the beautiful pictures
that Avery's amazing mom (a professional photographer and generous friend)
took of my kids while watching them a few weeks ago.


More ladies in their Sunday best can be found at

13 comments:

Jen M said...

Gorgeous dress, Blair, and love the bag! What a wonderful way to remember Avery!

Erica Saint said...

I love your dress! Praying your family feels better soon.

Katrina Rose said...

That dress is so fun! You look beautiful in it. And yes Norovirus is evil. Evil. I had it on Mardi Gras, and it it horrible. Hope it is banished soon!

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

Oh, I love all your color and the color of the balloons that go along with. Just beautiful.

Also: bag twins!!!

Rosie said...

You look so cute! And SKINNY! That dress is great on you :)

Kathryn said...

Blair, you look fabulous. I love the colors - so great on you. And, what an awesome, awesome thing your parish is doing.

Katie@NFP and Me said...

I love how everything just works so perfectly together. What fun color! :)

Also, what a sweet way to honor Avery. I'll remember his family in my prayers.

Hallie @ Moxie Wife said...

Oh, just stop. You are too cute. I love this outfit!!!

Shannon said...

My mom and I just simultaneous said, "Oh, she's cuuuute."

Beth Cotell said...

Love, love, love that dress and bag and necklace. So cool! And did you plan on color coordinating with the balloons?!

Audrey said...

Love the entire ensemble! A mass was said for Avery up here in Pflugerville this morning. Deo Gratias for the communion of saints!

Jessica said...

I love brightly colored handbags and your yellow one is the bomb. Bee Tee Dub I tagged you in a 5 things post....

Unknown said...

Totally crushing on your outfit this morning. I love the bright happy colors anchored with the bold black leggings and boots. Fabulous!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs