Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thoughts on a Thursday

Outside my window...
It's sunny and in the 60s, but apparently some rain and cold will be coming soon. 


I am thinking about...
Leaving my house this weekend, for about six weeks. I am going to miss my bed and my house and my husband most of all. I am scared about going into labor without him there. I am scared about facing another c-section. But I am trying to put my trust in God and not think too much about the little details. 

I am thankful for...
Making it to 33 1/2 weeks. I am thankful for a doctor I trust and for family and friends who will help us. I am thankful for this new little life, this baby girl who I can't wait to meet!

In the kitchen...
Frozen pizza and frozen nuggets for lunch. That's where we're at right now. Lots and lots of Halo clementines. And I guess tonight will be leftovers of chicken pasta or spaghetti. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle meals while we're away, especially breakfast. But there will be lots of favorite restaurants nearby for take-out, and I know my parents will help. 

I am wearing...
All new things! Black yoga pants, a purple maternity tee, and even new undergarments! I'd bought a few overpriced items at Motherhood a couple weekends back, but I haven't worn them and am planning to return three out of four of them since they don't fit right. So last night after ballet class, I went with the girls to Old Navy and Target and found yoga pants that I like better for a better price than the Motherhood ones, plus a couple t-shirts on clearance, and a few other things for me and for baby.  It looks like I'll have to resort to buying a new Boppy pillow. I washed my 11yr old one and have tried several methods of de-lumpifying it to no avail! Other than that, some more diapers, and a baby bathtub for when we get back home, I think we're set!

I am going...
To as few places as possible. I'd like to go back upstairs and continue folding and packing the boys' clothes, but my body is protesting otherwise today. I'm hoping to go and watch Mary Clare's pointe class tonight, and maybe we will make it to the kids' Catechesis of the Good Shepherd classes tomorrow afternoon. But I definitely don't need any complications in the two days before we leave town, so we will see how I'm feeling. 

I am looking forward to...
Six weeks back "home" near our family and friends. The girls are hoping to take classes at their old ballet school while we're there, and we will be able to celebrate some birthdays and maybe even attend the big homeschool group Valentine's party. We plan to have the baby baptized there at the beautiful church where the girls received their First Holy Communion and which is a very special place for me. And most of all, I'm looking forward to meeting my new daughter!


I am hoping...
That my high maintenance toddler calms down a bit as he gains a new sibling. I asked Steven the other night if it was just me, or if this little man was a much bigger challenge than the others. It's not just me. He's exhausting and needy from the moment he awakes until the moment he falls asleep. I am going to have to implement some "tough love" during our weeks away from home or I might lose my mind. He is loving and affectionate and smart, but oh so very needy.  Hopefully becoming a big brother will help him to learn patience, and I will learn to stop spoiling him!

One of my favorite things...
Is adding more to the pink baby pile! It's stacked right outside our bedroom and I love seeing all the clothes and blankets and baby gear there in one place awaiting her arrival! 


I am so grateful...
For all who are praying for us. I know I will need a lot of grace to get through these next six weeks until we're back home again with the baby. In fact, we'll be leaving our rental cabin exactly 6wks from today!  I hope it won't be overwhelming and might feel like a little vacation for me. After delivery I do always enjoy being taken care of during my hospital stay. I always slip up and call it the "hotel" instead of the hospital!  Hopefully this delivery experience will be one of peace and rest. I know all of your prayers will carry me through. 

Now if we can just get everyone packed and up to "the woods" without too much difficulty, we will be one step closer! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs