Saturday, November 04, 2006

Jumbled thoughts

"Christmas is coming,
The goose is getting fat,
Pleased to put a penny in the old man's hat.
If you haven't got a penny
Then a hay penny will do.
If you haven't got a hay penny
Then God bless you!"

Anyone remember that one from elementary school music class? Speaking of music class, there's a fabulous little FREE music class called "Music Makers" put on at the Mormon church in my area. We've now gone twice and have really enjoyed it. It starts with singing welcome songs and one of the moms plays the piano. Then we split into groups and go to different rooms. In one we sing thematic songs (now we're starting Thanksgiving songs), in another we march around the gym with musical instruments, and in the other we say some nursery rhymes. Then we all go in the gym for singing with the bubble machine blowing bubbles, then play with one of those big parachutes with balls, and then sing and dance some more. We end with a story and goodbye song together. It's a nice ministry they have for young children and moms.

Now with the weather cooling off a bit, I've got Advent on the mind! I got out all our Christmas books and we've started reading some of them. Last night Mary Clare chose one about the Jesse Tree, a tradition which I've wanted to start for awhile. So I spent some time last night looking at Jesse Tree ideas on the internet. Here's the one I liked the most. I'll let you know as I start trying to create these ornaments.

These next few weeks are going to be so hectic...interviews continuing, Thanksgiving plans, Steven's parents moving into their new remodeled house, perparing for the triplets' arrival, Christmas shopping, Advent preparations, Steven's finals, and hopefully a move for us at the end of the year! It makes me just a little anxious (haha, more like it makes me feel sick) thinking about it all. Once again, I need to go back to my rainbow post and the scripture that sits in front of me:

"O Lord, you have probed me, you know me: you know when I sit and when I stand; you understand my thoughts from afar. My travels and rest you mark; with all my ways yiou are familiar....in your book all were written down; my days were shaped before one came to be. How precious to me are your designs, O God; how vast the sum of them!" Psalm 139

Must go pack for another trip this weekend...

4 comments:

Roxanna said...

Hey Blair! I have a question that has nothing to do with what you posted...how do you put the links...like for example where you wrote "rainbow post" and it links you to another page...how do you do that? I've been trying to do it in my blog...but I can't figure it out.

Thanks,
roxy

Blair said...

Hey Roxy! You highlight it, then click one of the little icons above where you post. It looks kind of like a sideways 8 on top of a green spot. Then you paste the link into the box. Hope that helps! I know it's taken me awhile to figure things out; there are still a lot that I haven't figured out yet!

Anonymous said...

Hey Blair! I remember making those trees in school. I remember it being a lot of fun. It looks like some of those links will help with the designs...but there are unlimited possibilities!

Roxanna said...

Thanks Blair =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs