Friday, July 26, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 226)

I'm determined to stick with my blogging each day program for the week, but it's now 11:11 and I don't feel like I have much to say.  Let's see if I can come up with a few random thoughts...

1. Bedtime!  All 4 kids are sleeping snugly in their beds right now.  Well, so is #5 :)  This is a big deal.  We'll see how long the boys last.  They have been taking over our bed and I'm already having a hard time sleeping with my nightmares about doctor offices, head shavings, snakes, and scorpions.  I always have vivid dreams during pregnancy.  Last night I went ahead and moved down to the floor bed because I was too lazy to move the boys (we have a memory foam mattress topper doubled on the floor so it's actually comfy).  Then another child came in to that bed with a nightmare, so I moved to the foot of our bed.  Not gonna work.  Please sleep well, boys!

2. Doctor drama.  I still don't know what in the world I'm going to do about a doctor.  Everyone has different recommendations here and it's hard because most ladies in my homeschooling circles prefer a hands-off doctor for a natural birth.  But this current OB is quite old and only comes into the office a few times each week, so he doesn't even see patients until the last month of pregnancy!  He's also already suggested tying my tubes and jokingly said, "You're going to kill me" about doing a 5th c-section.  Oh, and I was at the office for at least 2 1/2 hours for an ultrasound and "quick" OB consult. Thanks Dr. S, but I think I'll be moving on now.

At least that office helped in getting me this medicine I need.  
Only took about 15 phone calls and 2 trips with this crew to a grocery store 
way across town, but at least I've got it!  Like a bag of gold here!

3. Disney!  Disney planning is in full swing.  We were able to find PLANE TICKETS this week.  That wasn't in the plan at all because of the cost, but we were really dreading the 4 days in the car with 4 kids.  Southwest came out with some amazing deals last week, and when we looked at the savings, it was only going to be slightly more expensive to fly.  We're also getting an extra night in Florida now, which means another day of FREE Disney dining!

4. Disney Food.  The Disney message boards and websites are filled with loads of helpful information about restaurants at the parks and hotels there.  You can look at menus, see photos of the actual plated food, and get advice about the best use of the dining plan.  We have already made our meal reservations, but now need to add one more!  Steven and I have been enjoying looking at menus and reviews online each night.  I am getting so excited about this trip, and am hoping and praying that everyone is healthy and feeling well when we travel.  Once we finalize our meal plans, then we can start reading more about the rides and plan out our days a bit.  The planning is part of the fun!

5. Boring.  The kids have been really good sports, but it's hard when we seem to spend days at a time without leaving the house.  I haven't felt that great and honestly we haven't had anywhere to go.  I mean I could take them to the store or the library, but I just don't have the energy for that most days (see photo above in the grocery parking lot to understand why).  This week we did take a beach outing one morning, and I think that wiped me out for the rest of the week.  That and the forever-long OB appointment.  I'm looking forward to starting back with our activities in mid-August and can't wait until August officially begins next week so we can renew our pool membership and enjoy some fun days there before it closes (we opted to skip this month because it's so expensive).

beautiful morning at the beach
Photo: A few hours at the beach were good for this mama's soul. #rockportbeach


6. Funny dreams.  I meantioned that I've been having vivid dreams about things like missing my OB appointment, or being attacked by scorpions and snakes.  But other family members seem to be having interesting dreams, too.  One night this week I was still awake, and Steven (Sr) yelled out twice asking for his police stick!  Tommy mentioned today that he had a dream he was singing in front of people wearing underwear.  I didn't realize that toddlers would have dreams about only wearing underwear in public!  While we were in Houston he had this funny dream he recounted to me about being Daddy's age and driving Daddy's car into the water, but then the car was a submarine, and this was all happening in his tummy (we'd been talking about the baby in my tummy).  Here's the video!  Excuse the tired and yucky looking mommy, please.



7. I'm proud that I made dinner every weekday this week (Steven made our entire anniversary dinner on Sunday), even though I didn't feel so great!  On Monday we had leftover grilled steak and chicken quesadillas, Tuesday was leftover grilled chicken in a stir fry with green beans, Wednesday was my new favorite baked chicken (using my Bulgarian yogurt to coat and then rolling in bread crumbs) with roasted broccoli, last night was Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken (a favorite in this house) with salad, and tonight was King Ranch Chicken with rice and corn.  I don't think we ate out once this week.  Go us!  Now I just need to get back to ballet so I can work off all these yummy foods.

Alright, well those were the boring-est quick takes, but that's what's going on over here.  Hope everyone has a glorious weekend!  Adios!

3 comments:

RAnn said...

Try the Unofficial Guide to WDW; or look it up online. If you aren't familiar with WDW, the touring plans can save you a lot of time in line.

Micaela Darr said...

Doctor drama is the worst. I hope you can figure it out quickly.

Your little guy is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

I can really relate to your number 5. We tend to get bored without planned activities and classes and such. I tend to prefer the regularity of the school year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs