Saturday, August 05, 2006

Lonely weekends...

Steven works out of town on weekends :( About once a month we go "home" to visit family on the weekend. But on weekends like this I try my hardest to keep busy and keep from feeling sad and lonely.

This morning we went to the library to get the girls' awards for summer reading. I picked up one of my first homeschool books to read, The Successful Homeschool Family Handbook by Dr Raymond and Dorothy Moore. It was recommended by a homeschooling mom of 7 who I really admire and know from the NFP Message Board. I look forward to starting my homeschool research!

Next weekend, we'll be visiting family and are planning a St. Clare party for her feast day on Friday. I'm looking forward to that. Since I don't have anything meaningful to say today, I'll leave you with some pictures of the girls from the past few weeks, including one for Lillian (we used your July 4th cake idea! Thanks!):





2 comments:

Lillian said...

What great pics!! You're cake came out great!! Half the weekend is gone, hang in there!!

Blair said...

Thanks for all the great ideas, Lillian! I get motivated by your blog! Yeah, the weekend wasn't too bad and Steven got off early today. We're in the home stretch which unfortunately will probably be the hardest. But I can't complain b/c many moms have it harder than me, including you with a traveling hubby and 5 kids!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs