Sunday, December 02, 2007

Happy Advent!

The season has begun! And no, Peter hasn't arrived. I realized today after a few comments from family and friends that I am going to have to update daily so as to not concern anyone that Peter has arrived early! We should have about 2 1/2 weeks to go, although I'll be happy to make it to this Thursday, St. Nicholas Day, when I will be 37 weeks and officially ready to meet my little boy whenever the Lord so wills. He's giving me lots of Braxton-Hicks contractions, but nothing too concerning.

Last night we attended Steven's company Christmas party and then today spent the day with Steven's family. We had Mary Clare's big No Thumbsucking Party at Chuck E Cheese with her cousins this afternoon; hopefully I'll get pictures up tomorrow. It should be a fairly quiet (or so I always say) week. I'll finish my online Christmas shopping, maybe pack my hospital bag, start focusing on Advent with our Advent wreath and Jesse tree, we'll celebrate St. Nicholas Day, and have the First Friday homeschool class this week where we'll talk about the Holy Family and the virtue of patience.

I hope you all have had a beautiful Sunday and that this holy season draws us all ever close to Christ our King!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

You haven't packed yet? But I guess you've already had 2 and you know when the right time is. My 1st was 5 1/2 weeks early and my 2nd was 3 1/2 weeks early so I need to get MY bags packed. I really want to know what Braxton-Hicks feel like. I never even feel contractions until I'm dilated to like 4. I have had MAJOR pressure in my lower belly lately, is that B-H? Thanks Blair.

Blair said...

No, haven't packed yet! Part of the problem is that I hardly have anything that fits me anymore! And definitely no cute pjs for the hospital...might need to find some of those. It will be easy to pack for Peter though! Both the girls were late and this should be a scheduled c-section on the 20th, but I should still be packed in case I go into labor beforehand!

The B-H contractions I'm having this time feel like normal labor contractions...about 30 seconds and start from my lower belly. I get them a lot in the car and at nighttime. They hurt enough for me to make a face and breathe through them. I also get the crampy feelings sometimes but it's not as bad as the B-H ones. My OB says to call if I have more than 4 contractions in an hour that don't go away by drinking water and lying down.

I think my situation is probably much different though. My girls were both late and it took a lot of contractions before I started dilating! I had very long labors, which both ended in c-sections.

This time things feel a little different so I think he may come early. But you never know! Hope that helps, Stephanie! Sorry for the essay ;)

Stephanie said...

I appreciate all the info! Sounds like I may be experiencing B-H so thanks for letting me know about that. I understand clothes not fitting. Almost all my maternity clothes are summer clothes.
I'll be checking on you in the next few weeks.

Julia said...

I'm so glad you have a good support network close by to help you, but I am praying for you and little Peter nonetheless! I know everything is going to be wonderful for you all!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs