Monday, October 30, 2006

Welcome to the All Saints Day Party!

We had a wonderful time meeting with our old homeschooling group for the annual All Saints' Day party at a family ranch in the country! I wanted to welcome you all in on the fun! The girls looked precious dressed as Our Lady with Baby Jesus (Mary Clare) and St. Clare of Assisi (Ellie):





Here are some pics of the party; it is such a wonderful way to share this feast with other Catholic families! The party starts with the march-in of saints walking around the property. There were about 40 kids!



Families create saint-inspired booths and the kids all get a bag with a chart listing all the games. They get a sticker at each booth and some kind of prize bag. Just like Halloween, only holier! This is Lillian's St. Joseph Wood Craft, where they made crosses of yarn wrapped around popsicle sticks.



Here is my St. Catherine of Bologna (a Poor Clare, patroness of artists, and incorrupt saint!) face painting booth. I didn't realize how much I would love facepainting! The kids were so excited, I had a great time doing the painting, and sharing a little encouragement with whatever design they chose (ie the rainbow reminds us of God's promise, the Sacred heart reminds us of God's love).



The Crown Mary game, throwing a halo onto Mary's head:



Then there's St. Kateri's Stone Rosary, where each child adds a rock to the Rosary, saying the prayer, then getting the prize bag!



The Knock Down the 7 Deadly Sins bowling game is a fun one!



Throw the flowers into the ring for St. Therese's Shower of Roses booth:



All Saints Bingo:



Other games I didn't get pics of were the St. Paul's Journey (ride on a tractor), St. Thomas Aquinas (Catechism Qs), St. Isadore's Farm & Garden, and St. Peter's Fisher of Men fishing booth.

The evening ends with a variety of a nice fall foods potluck, soups, breads, pies and all sorts of other delicious things. What a fun way to share this beautiful Feast of our Church. Happy All Saints' Day everyone, a few days early!

9 comments:

Elie said...

Thanks for sharing this, Blair. What great photos and ideas! It really inspires me to make something like this happen next year. Your girls are beautiful!

Alice Gunther said...

How fabulous! This is a perfectly beautiful and memorable party!

Your little girl dressed as the Blessed Mother reminds me of my Theresa in a very similar costume 8 or 9 years ago!

Melissa said...

What a wonderful party! I'd love to have something like that for my kids to attend here...maybe I'll have to look into organizing one at my church next year!

Your girls are so precious. Their costumes are lovely!

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! I sure do wish we had something similar, maybe at our next port.

Anonymous said...

How fun and such great ideas! :-)

Lillian said...

I can't believe I forgot my camera!! Glad you had fun! My kiddos loved their tatoos. Anna's just barely came off today!

Laura said...

I love the ideas! I need to "Steal" them for our churhc!
LauraKC or waldenmommy!

Roxanna said...

The girls look beautiful Blair! I liked your blog a lot!=)

noreen said...

Hi Blair, I came across your blog from Lacy at Catholic Icing while looking for ideas to teach All Saints Day to my first grade religious ed class. I'm so happy I came across your blog! You have wonderful ideas of teach the faith to children.
God Bless!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs