Wednesday, October 04, 2006

"I'm Done!"

During Sunday Mass I took Mary Clare to the restroom. I stood outside the stall; actually I was chasing Ellie around the restroom as she tried to climb on stools and grab paper towels out of the trash can. A few seconds later I heard the usual "I'm done!" yell from her stall.

A woman soon came out of her stall and began to tell me about how Mary Clare's "I'm done" reminded her of all the years of wiping tooshies. She got a little sentimental, even telling me that she had recently shared with her children how she missed that phrase! After telling this to her kids, one afternoon her teenage son yelled from the restroom, "I'm done!", getting a wave of laughter from throughout the house.

I'm sure in a few months I'll stop hearing Mary Clare's "I'm done" yells from the bathroom. As she gets closer to her 4th birthday I am realizing just how much she's already a little girl and no longer a toddler. She's starting to read and write (thanks to a Leap Frog DVD recommended by my friend and homeschooling mom of 8 Kimberly, and the BOB books recommended by another blogger Melissa). Last night she went yelling through the house "chair rhymes with hair, bed rhymes with head" and telling her daddy all the rhyming words she could think of. She was so proud of herself!

Today was the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi, which we enjoyed by spending the evening with some friends at their ranch property. It was a beautiful and peaceful evening amidst a wild week. Steven has 4 interviews tomorrow and one on Friday! I can't believe we're almost at the end of this schooling journey (unless he accepts one of his prof's offers to do graduate work!). God has been so faithful. And I am so proud of my hubby. He even got a 96 in his genetics test last week! I think any of these companies would be proud and blssed to have him as an employee. St. Francis, pray for him!

Well, it's after midnight and I'm sure I'll be awakened soon by an "I'm done" from the bathroom, cries from the pack n play, or a hubby needing a shirt ironed. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thanks for the beautiful reminder that these days are all too fleeting. Sometimes it's easy to forget that there will actually come a time when our children won't need us for even the most mundane things, like wiping bottoms...not to mention the bigger things that make me to sad to even think about!

Congtatulations to your hubby; what an exciting time it must be for you all as you embark on an entirely new phase in your lives! I'll keep him and your family in my prayers. Hope all goes well with the job interviews!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs