Friday, September 19, 2014

Moving is hard.

I have so many posts I want to write.  Ideas going through my head each day, but rarely a time to sit at the computer alone, unless it's 11:45pm like it is right now!

It has been one of those days.  I was feeling really good this week...we were making it through our schoolwork (sometimes not until 8pm, but usually in the mid-afternoon), I was feeling peace even in the midst of all our unknowns, I was handling Steven's long hours and overnight trips, and I was thrilled that we'll soon be heading back to Houston for another week.  But last night I was getting weary and had a sore throat and headache, and I awoke feeling even worse this morning.

Then I got the text I've been dreading (yet still hoping for) all week.  It was 8:30am and I was awake, but still resting in bed since I wasn't feeling well.  "I'd like to show your house between 10 and noon."  YIKES.  That gave me an hour and a half to get the house show-ready, get five kids dressed and out the door, get myself showered and dressed, and instead of having a trusty 11yr old helper, Mary Clare would be doing an online class during most of that time frame.  Ellie was a huge help (even until 11pm tonight, she was helping with the baby), and the boys behaved well enough and only made a few messes of strawberry smoothie drops as I was trying to clean up.

We made it out the door at 10:05am and I felt accomplished.  We got breakfast, ran by Steven's office (since his car held one child's only pair of shoes), and we went to the mall.  I got Katie some sweet new clothes too...baby girl clothes can always brighten a day!   But then we didn't really start schoolwork until mid-afternoon and didn't finish it until close to 7:00pm.  The baby was fussy, I still have a head cold, Daddy will be gone tomorrow and Saturday, we'll leave for Houston on Sunday (Thomas' birthday for which we have no plans or presents), and we still have no idea what will be happening with the house situation.

Moving is hard.  This will be our 8th move since we've been married.  Three different apartments, a duplex, and three houses have been "home" for us the past 13 years.  I know it's nothing compared to military families who move every year or two, across country and overseas.  It's surely nothing compared to the displaced families on the other side of the world struggling to have their basic needs met.  I cannot even fathom what they are going through.  But this tiny cross is still hard for me.  I'm longing for a forever home, and praying that things fall into place soon.

I'm not sure the last time I've worked physically as hard as I did the week before we listed the house.  But the work has been worth it, and even if it takes forever to sell the house, at least we are living with so many less "things," and that makes life just much more simple.  I think we all miss the photos on the walls, some of our books, and probably some of the kids' toys and crafts.  In a few weeks we might be missing our fall clothes quite a bit if we don't get this house sold and moved so we can locate and unpack the sweaters and jackets!

We are slowly making the transition.  It was nice to have some down time at home this week, and next week we will be back to hotel life and our fun activities of ballet, nature club, playdates, grandparent visits, and their Friday clubs in Houston.  It's hard not knowing when or where the next step will take us, but it's also somewhat freeing to just live "in the moment" and wait for His will to be done.  There's a peace in the waiting, even though it is so emotionally and physically difficult.

Since I'm talking about all that we've done in the house, here are the photos of what it looks like, all clean and ready for showings.  We have been truly blessed to live in this beautiful home for the past almost-2 years, and I hope the family who buys it next fills it with many more happy memories!

Our Lady, pray for us!
 St. Joseph, pray for us!
St. Jude, pray for us!
Thank you all for praying for us, friends!
















4 comments:

Mary said...

Your home looks beautiful! Prayers for a buyer soon!

Amanda said...

Such a beautiful home. Praying for y'all!

Jessica said...

I'd buy your home in a heartbeat. It's gorgeous.

Unknown said...

It looks so pretty, Blair. You have such a beautiful touch. I hope you'll be back in H-town soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs