Sunday, January 20, 2013

What I Wore Sunday (and Wednesday and Friday)


So I've always laughed at the idea of joining this link-up.  I am no fashion guru and am pretty uncomfortable with the state of my body right now.  I hardly have any photos of myself!  But after more and more of my blogging "friends" were joining, I figured I'd bow to peer pressure and join the party, too!

Hopefully it'll help me to be more conscious of my clothing choices on Sunday and even on weekdays, too.  This week I "dressed up" twice during the week for our local county livestock show, so I took photos in case I didn't have good ones for Sunday.  But since I did end up having a bit of time to put together a decent outfit today, I'll just share all 3 of them!  Starting off as an overachiever, I guess!

So without further ado, here are my 3 outfits to share.  I did my own photography because I can't bear to have to pose for anyone else!  Also I finally cleaned my mirror before taking the photos today!  Excuse the dirty mirror in the others ;)  And please feel free to share advice on how I could make these work better!

What I wore to Mass today:

Shirt: Thrifted (white part is connected) with white cami underneath
Skirt: Old Navy (I think it's maternity)
Brown Clogs: Romika that I've worn for about 15 years!!!
Scarf: Gift from my aunt, I think
Long necklace handed down from mom
Crucifix: dunno
Can't see silver dangle earrings from Kohl's
Wooden Saint bracelet: Catholic bookstore
Charm Bracelet: James Avery...which was a lifesaver in Mass today!  I'd ask the boys to find the angel, the boot, etc. and to find their favorite charm, or to count the charms (I think I have about 24).  The only problem is that it gets caught on things!  I've had it since I was about 8 years old!


What I wore Wednesday:

 Black long sleeved tee: Target
New sweater: Stein Mart
New jeans: Marshall's


Boots: Kohl's
Necklace and earrings handed down from my mom


What I wore Friday:
 Purple Cardigan: Target (Xmas gift from my parents)
Orange Tee: Lands End via Sears
Jeans: Merona via Target
Born Clogs: Thrifted
Colorful necklace: Stein Mart



25 comments:

Colleen said...

I'm so glad you're doing this, Blair! I love getting ideas from real women who shop where I shop and don't have an unlimited wardrobe budget. You look beautiful! I keep meaning to do this, too, but I never remember on Sunday when I'm actually dressed up. You're really inspiring me. I'm going to have to make an effort to participate!

Thrifty and Chic Mom said...

Cute outfits all of them love the boots and the scarf you wore to mass is so cute! I also love the bright colors you wore the one day!

-Kinsi- said...

I love your Friday color-blocking and that turquoise sweater is so pretty!

Unknown said...

You have the prettiest smile, seriously! The clothes are just icing on the cake. :)
I love your Kohl's boots, all the colors you put together, and that you have so many pieces with fun history.

Andrea said...

That second pic of you in the turquoise top is STUNNING! That color on you is so so pretty Blair!
The necklace is perfection. I need to buy some necklaces...I have exactly two. haha
I'm so glad you joined in this week!

Elizabeth said...

You look beautiful, Blair! One of my new year's resolutions this year is to get dressed more than a couple times a week--I seem to live in my "gym" clothes, but I am not making it to the gym ;-)

Beth Cotell said...

I love all three of these looks! Your scarves and necklaces really dress up each outfit and those colors in the last outfit are so happy!

Unknown said...

You are so beautiful - always have been, always will be!

Blair said...

Thanks so much, Colleen! You should definitely participate soon!

Blair said...

Thanks so much!

Blair said...

Thank you, Kinsi!

Blair said...

You are so sweet, Teri. I need to work on using this smile more during the long days with little ones :-)

Blair said...

Thank you! You were my inspiration last week, Andrea! You are such a beautiful, humble mom and I knew that if you could do it, I could try!

Blair said...

I've been doing that, Elizabeth! Spending all day in workout clothes but never working out! Happened yesterday :-/ Thanks for the compliment!

Melissa said...

Cute, cute, cute! You are so beautiful and I love all these outfits! I definitely need to learn how to accessorize and get more daring with color. You have inspired me!

Blair said...

Thanks, Beth! Those colors made me happy too :-)

Blair said...

What a sweet thing to say, Kate. Thank you!

Blair said...

Oh thanks, Melissa! I'm trying to be more daring with colors that make me happy!

Unknown said...

First time visitor and I love your style. The necklace is quite beautiful and unique and I am a HUGE fan of the tiered longer skirts. You go girl!

Blair said...

Thank you, Mary!

Unknown said...

Hi Blair. You look great! I love that sweater from Steinmart, and I would not have thought of putting it over long sleeves. Looks cute!

I wore a consignment purchase to Mass today, a solid blue t-shirt dress from Banana Republic, which I belted at the waist and wore tall boots with (bare knees which didn't thrill me, but i figured I'd be careful about how I carried myself). Well, today was the day I took an inevitable spill in the parking lot in front of several onlookers. My 4yo stepped in front of me (I regularly correct my kids from "zig-zagging" in front of me, and they got a clear picture of why today) and we got our legs all tangled up. I'm sure someone saw a lot more of my wardrobe than I intended today (white slip, hopefully not anything else!). I just give thanks that it was not in the middle of the main aisle of the church. Sigh.

Blair said...

Oh Lindsey! My kids do that too! What a mess but glad you're not hurt. I'd love to see pics of your outfit; sounds adorable!

Lisa said...

You look great! That's such a cute necklace, and I love your boots!

Melissa said...

Blair, I just had to comment again to thank you for inspiring me! I just did a post about some of my great finds today. :) You're awesome!

http://bountifulblessings.blogspot.com/2013/01/fighting-frump.html

Jill said...

Love them all!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs