Wednesday, January 09, 2013

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

round button chicken
~Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life~
Every Thursday at Like Mother, Like Daughter


 {pretty}
taken on the iPhone today by the bay
(went with the boys to steal some sand to use for a craft!) 




{happy}
"Take a pichur of me, Mommy!  Peek a boo!"
(in my closet)

I found this picture on my iPhone.  I think Ellie took it and posed him; he's holding a photo from our wedding :)

The Happy Birthday Girl!  
I shared about her fun party here.

"I stomp on the alligator!"

The brothers have been playing hunting all week in the backyard!  

An evening puppet show by Ellie

Cutie-pie in his sweater sitting around after Mass on Sunday

Love me a baby fresh out of the bath!



{funny}
He fell asleep on the way home from the ballet studio.  I took him out of his carseat and set him on his feet while I turned around to do something.  He lie/lay/laid (Auntie Leila, if you're reading this, I need a lesson) down in the grass and went back to sleep!

I don't think Santa realized that the bath fizzy bubble things were going to turn the water blue and pink!

"I make a monster!  Roar!  It's not going to eat you!"
(pretty good artist for age 2?)


{real}
I took the girls and their friend to a Boar's Head and Yule Log Festival at a local Christian church last weekend.  It was a beautiful Christmas pageant with over 180 costumed roles of adults and children.  There was beautiful music (Latin, Marian, etc), handbells, harpist, and trumpeters.  It's apparently a festival that has been celebrated for over 600 years.  So cool!  At the end, that big tabernacle thing in the middle was opened and there was the Holy Family with a real newborn baby.  I hope to make this a Christmas tradition!  This year it fell on the Eve of the Epiphany, which was a beautiful way to continue to celebrate the Christmas Season.
 
I hope you've all had some pretty, happy, funny, and real moments this week!


4 comments:

The Provincial Homemaker said...

I am going to go with "lay" as in he lay down on the grass:)

Love the photo of the freshly bathed babe!

Anonymous said...

I love all your photos, especially loving your back porch - what a great space!

Deirdre said...

Your kids are SO adorable!!

Designer Jules said...

Looks like my 2 year old needs some art lessons. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs