Monday, February 27, 2012

Low screen time

I can't say it was "no screen time" today, but it was "low screen time."
Our accomplishments:
Mary Clare painted a beautiful flower on a canvas.
Ellie finished the face and hair on her handmade doll.
MC helped Steven make a little stuffed owl while I was putting Thomas for a nap!
Ellie learned to tie with my tennis shoes while I was reading Robert E Lee to Mary Clare.
Steven Joseph got his whole preschool checklist done today for the first time ever!  He is very motivated by a reward of Nerf bullets at the end of the week for good behavior.
Mary Clare read a whole excerpt about the saint she wants to talk about at her girls' club back home next week.  And she read it aloud, which she doesn't usually care to do.
Completed the sale of the bed from our old guest room on Craigslist.  Still scouring Craigslist for kitchen chairs and an area rug.
We visited the local library for a few minutes!  The boys don't ever last long there, but I was stir crazy and desperate to get out for a bit before Daddy came home.  I ordered everyone to the car to go somewhere!  The library it was.
Daddy grilled a delicious steak dinner and for the first time I didn't make a potato side dish. Wow.  We had salad and sweet fresh corn on the cob!  Yum.  He also grilled chicken for the week.  Yay.
I went to Zumba!  Always makes me a happy mama!  It was a really great workout tonight.
Looks like the Tooth Fairy remembered to come after about 3 nights.  MC lost her 4th molar!

I don't have anything for "Pinning it Down" this week, although I've been pinning a lot and organizing my Pinterest boards.  Lots of projects floating around my brain.  I did start a sewing project last night while sitting with Steven and watching a Ken Burns WWII documentary.  I'm embroidering each child's initial on felt to go on their Christmas stockings!  I'll try to take a picture tomorrow.  I can't even find my camera right now!

Oh and a hilarious memory from the weekend.  After Sunday Mass at our small parish, there is always some kind of meal and socializing.  This Sunday was no different.  After leaving the sanctuary, all the boys were running to their cars and coming back with Nerf rifles.  There must have been about 20 boys with their guns and it was SO funny to see them all run and get them after mass was over!  They had a blast with a big war on the playground; some of the sisters joined in as well.  I wish I would've gotten a picture.  We had to drag Steven Joseph away crying.  Hence, his desire for more Nerf bullets; he has less than 5 for his three Nerf guns!

Hope we have a productive Tuesday. I'm sure it would be much more productive if I could get to sleep before 11pm and wake up early!  I am SO not a morning person.  Goodnight!



3 comments:

Jill said...

Funny about the Nerf Guns. That was the scene of my boys' birthday last weekend!
I love days with no screen time. I was just reflecting on how having no TV or video games has made my children more creative and collaborative. They spend afternoons playing board games together and my boys do a lot of reading.
I had to laugh because Aslynn came home from school one day and said, "Did you know that everyone dislikes President Obama now. I mean everyone but his own family." Politics aside, I said that wasn't true and that we can't always believe what other people tell us. She said, "It was on TV, Mom. And we would have known this if we had TV!"

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

I love your nerf gun story! A photo would have been fabulous, but at least you all have the memory :)

Kimberly said...

That is so funny about the Nerf guns. I confiscated 2 of those things from Joshua's suitcase before we went up to Dallas last Thanksgiving. I know my SIL hides all the nerf and toy swords BEFORE all the family comes over. Can you imagine 10 boys, ages 15 and under running around your house, armed with Nerf guns! No way. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs