Monday, February 20, 2012

Pinning it Down, Valentines!

Every Tuesday, sharing a Pinterest project that happened in our homes this week!

For St. Valentine's Day, we had our homeschool celebration on Friday, so I had some extra days to help the kids put together their ideas (and treats on clearance!).  I believe all these ideas ended up coming from the Disney Family Fun website.

Mary Clare chose the iPod Valentine.  It's a box of conversation hearts wrapped in construction paper with the printables glued on.  We downloaded one on the website for the bottom, and I made the "playlist" at the top.  She put the whole thing together, using tape to put the yarn on the iPod and the Hershey's Kisses for "ear buds!"  She put each one in a plastic bag.

 Ellie is quite the indecisive one.  Finally at the last minute, she agreed to this owl Valentine made with scrapbook paper.  It says "I'll owl-ways be your friend!"  She too put the entire thing together.  I made a little template for her out of posterboard and she had so much fun making each card out of unique paper.  I'm so glad the girls can pretty much make these on their own now!

And Steven Joseph initially wanted to make a paper airplane card on that website, but ended up changing his mind and wanting a rocket ship.  We just wrapped a mini Kit Kat in the white paper, and taped the red posterboard to make it a rocket.

We all had a lot of fun putting these together last week, and the kids were so excited to share them with their friends.  Also for the St. Valentine's Party I made Party Popcorn, which I'd also pinned on my Pinterest board.  It was quite a hit!  I'll always think of "Neen," who first introduced me to this yummy treat!


And here are a few photos of the party.  It was a bit of a gloomy day, but the kids fit in a bit of playing between the little rainfalls.  A very happy St. Valentine's Party they all had.  Hope you all did too, thanks for visiting!









7 comments:

Laurie said...

I love the St. Valentine's cards. They all turned out super cute!! Looks like a fun party.

Unknown said...

Oh wow, these are all super cute. I bet your kids loved making them. :)

NelliFamily said...

Great Valentines cards! We have crossed paths with a family that just met you! Erin used to be the dirctor of the CC group you just joined and now she is a part of ours here in The Woodlands. She said she met you and your family. Isn't that funny? I need some encouragement to continue my 1000 gifts! Are you keeping up with yours?

Colleen said...

What precious Valentines!

Pam Barnhill said...

Awesome! They all turned out great.

Neen said...

It looks like you have found a great new group. We missed you a the BOL party.

Unknown said...

I love the iPod valentine, that is brilliant!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs