Starting with 7 quick shots of my little man...
1. Don't you hate that feeling when you're all ready to sneeze and then you don't? That's really disappointing!
2. I glued Ellie's head back together last night. Sort of. She was sitting backwards on the couch and fell back onto the coffee table, cutting her head in the back. Blood everywhere! Only about a half-inch cut so I cleaned the blood out of her blonde hair, dried her up, and glued her back together again. I'm just worried about doing the bun for ballet class, not sure how that's gonna work!
3. It is REALLY nice living close to family. My parents live about 20 minutes away. Today we spent most of the day there. I couldn't get Steven Joseph to nap, so I took him on a little drive. Put him in the stroller and rolled him back into their house. THEN...I got to shop at the kids resale store (yay for the dollar sale) and grocery store ALONE! I made it all the way to the check-out before the SOS call came in. Someone was having a fit, but promises of iced sugar cookies for good behavior calmed the unnamed child down.
4. I don't like the rain and I don't like the winter (except for Christmas). But right now it's slightly raining outside and it sure sounds relaxing. It will be especially cozy when I crawl into the warm bed in a few minutes, likely finding several children sprawled out in different spots. We've been doing well with the girls sleeping in their room, except when it's cold and everyone is in our room with the floor heater. And I don't usually mind; I love cuddling with my sleeping angels!
5. But what I do mind is the smell that has invaded a room in our house a few times over the past year. We're assuming it's a dead animal in the walls and the smell goes away after a few days. I'm ready for that smell to be gone!
6. My birthday is next week. 32 years young! I am totally excited about my present :-) But I probably won't get it for a few weeks yet. Steven was making fun of me tonight because he's never seen me excited about a material item like this (more his style). I can't remember if I've referenced it before, but can you guess what I'm getting (hopefully)?
7. Speaking of my handsome husband. He has been working up a storm. 12 hour days plus commute and long Saturdays too. We miss him so much! But what a hard working daddy! Thank you, Steven!
Check out more Quick Takes at Jen's Conversion Diary!