Monday, September 28, 2009

Getting distracted at Walmart

can be a dangerous thing for me. For the most part, I've stopped shopping there because I get too distracted with the clothes and school supplies and crafts and fabric and electronics and shoes and baby section and clearance section...and by the time I make it to the groceries I have a baby who has more than had enough with my shenanigans.

Today was no different. I went to Walmart because I needed printer ink as well as a few groceries. The girls brought their money to buy some kind of treat, and just as I was ready to start the "grocery shopping" part of the trip, they insisted that their $2 could only be spent in the toy section. But believe you me, even at Walmart there are very few toys which cost $2 or less! There is the mini-doll that costs $1 (which we have a nice collection of already), some matchbox cars, and that's about it.

So we wandered for a few minutes until I got the most brilliant idea....



meet "Diamond."

I thought he'd be perfect when we learn about fish for "F" week next week.

I hope he makes it.

7 comments:

candyspirit said...

Good morning Sis!
I love the fish idea for a new pet and I must say, I really love the photography!!
You definitely caught 'Diamond' looking his very best! I've got some ideas for this talent!

Love, MOM

Lillian said...

I hope he makes it, too! LOL!

Shannon said...

I love your new template, Blair? What did you use to get the links at the top!

Welcome to the family, Diamond :)

Shannon said...

oops I switched my ? and ! haha, that looks funny.

Blair said...

Shannon, I just googled "adding menu buttons to blogger" and this was the link that I worked from (I used Part 3):
http://www.reallifeblog.net/2007/09/how-to-create-site-menu-bar-in-blogger.html

It was a lot of work! Since I don't have Photoshop, I had to crop the photo for each button and add the text, etc. But I like how it's so much more user-friendly and easier for me to find old posts!

Ross and Jill's Blog said...

Love the fish and your Alphabet Week posts... they look so fun!! I want to come and homeschool at your house;) And I think your little saints are awesome. You are so creative, Blair.

Beverly said...

Clever idea for use of the kids' spending money! I hope your little aquatic "F"riend will be around through the alphabet adventure and beyond...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs