Monday, September 28, 2009

Along the Alphabet Path--Letter D

Using the lesson plans from Serendipity, ideas from Jessica, and adding my own flair to them, here are the highlights of our 4th week of homeschooling!

D is for...


~~~Double Daisy flower fairy and St. Dominic~~~


~~~Dd letter practice~~~
Crayola Model Magic and flour on a baking sheet


~~~Daisies~~~

We used watercolor pencils for the first time! You draw with the pencils and then use water and a paintbrush to brighten it up!


~~~Ducks~~~

Duck craft--we used colored tissue paper ripped up and glued onto the back of a paper where I had traced these shapes:

then they cut them out and glued onto a new paper. They turned out cute!


~~~Donuts!~~~

We cut out holes in biscuit dough using the lids of spice jars. Fried them in oil, and then mixed powdered sugar with water for a glaze...


~~~Dancing~~~

Degas paintings of dancers--
We studied them and I had them "narrate" the paintings
(tell me about them without looking).
Then they tried to draw their own dancers!

They got a bit distracted and disappointed with how these turned out,
and I must have gotten distracted too (we also had Baby "D" over),
since I don't have any photos of the dancer drawings!


But remember I did get a photo of our little dancer :)


'Twas a really fun "D" week!

2 comments:

Kate Wicker said...

We're a letter behind you, which is great since I'm gleaning ideas from your blog and your lovely girls! :) You're a source of inspiration for a newbie homeschooler like me.

Elizabeth Foss said...

Oh my goodness! Dominic is Darling! I think I'm going to start a set of painted saints. You've inspired me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs