Friday, June 26, 2015

Happy Father's Day

Poking in here after two weeks; I think it's the first time I've sat at the computer all week! I'm exhausted from doing the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Training this week (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm across town) and still recovering from the month of madness and my illness in May. Hopefully July will be a little slower...maybe?

Regardless, I wanted to take a minute to acknowledge my amazing husband who holds things together when I feel like I'm falling apart! He is the rock I need, and I miss him so much when he's traveling. This life just gets crazier and crazier with all these beautiful little people, but I'm so grateful that God has given me a faithful partner to lead us through! He has worked so hard to provide a comfortable life for us, and we are so proud of his accomplishments.

On Father's Day this past weekend we celebrated with a fun breakfast, Holy Mass, a visit to my parents' house, and takeout fajitas! After Mass, Steven gave blood...a true example of what it means to give of yourself. Then he willingly took this photo with the kids. What a great guy for putting up with my picture-taking!

And a Happy Father's Day to my dad! He always gave us an example of hard work and provision for our wants and needs. Whenever I'm in a bind, my dad will be there right away to help. I'm so glad we live near them again and can share these holidays and the special times with the children.

On Father's Day Weekend, Steven also got to do one of his favorite things, beekeeping! They re-queened the hive at the farm and the next day went back for a honey harvest!


And a few days before that was the Daddy Daughter Dance for the homeschool girls' club. I have a few more photos of this to share, but here were the smashing attendees!

We also wish Steven's Dad, our BopBop, a Happy Father's Day and hope that we can visit him soon after our failed attempts the past two weekends. He's an example of strong faith and a witness to God's love and mercy.

Hope all the amazing dads in our life had a wonderful Father's Day and have recognized the gift that Fatherhood is to the world. These men are earthly examples of God the Father. Their love represents God's love to us, and we are truly blessed to have such loving fathers in our lives!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs