Sunday, May 12, 2013

What I Wore Mother's Day Sunday

Do you like my new blog design?  I love it!  It was a template from DesignerBlogs.com which I found through Kathryn Whitaker's blog.  I've been trying to create my own header for weeks, but finally realized I needed professional help ;)

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers, grandmothers, Godmothers, and wonderful women in our lives!  We got to see both my mother and Steven's mother last weekend and this weekend.  On Friday, the girls and I took an overnight trip to drive BopBop back to Houston on and attend 2 nephews' First Holy Communion.  Then we had lunch and did some shopping with NeNe and PaPa.  We are blessed with loving mothers and I'm blessed to be a mother!  Steven and the boys cleaned up the house and yard while we were gone, even prettying up the garden area by Our Lady's statue.

Today is a cool and rainy day, and I was glad to be wearing a long dress!  You might recognize this navy maxi dress from Easter and Ellie's First Holy Communion Mass.  It's nice and comfy and can be paired with a colorful cardigan (I wore the yellow one again today).  I wore the colorful jewelry from my mom and got several compliments!  I also curled my hair using Grace's tutorial (except with hot rollers), but it didn't last with the rain.  It looked good the other day though!


Navy Maxi dress: Burlington Coat Factory
Turquoise flats: Merona by Target
Colorful Jewelry: Gift from NeNe (I think they're from Steinmart?)

Maybe one day I'll figure out how to make these photos clearer, or let Steven be the photographer!  Hope you all have a lovely Sunday and a Happy Mother's Day!

Find more fun Sunday outfits over at Fine Linen and Purple!

4 comments:

Rosie said...

Love the new design! So bright and cheery :) And that dress is so cute! I love a good maxi.

Get Mary Claire to start taking your picture! Or just self-timer in a room with lots of natural light - that's my default since Andrew's shots are always way too high!

NelliFamily said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too. Love the outfit!
Blessings,
Michelle

Burbank Homestead said...

I love that dress!

Rebekah Es said...

So pretty, love the accessories, and love the new blog design! Charming and fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs