Sunday, May 19, 2013

What I Wore Sunday

Joining up late here this evening after a very FULL day, which included the 12:15 mass, a 2:00 funeral, a 4:00 piano recital, and a 5:00 t-ball end-of-season party.  We made it through!  I finally opted to have someone else take my photo outside since our indoor lighting isn't the best, and my mirror shots were getting really bad.  Mary Clare takes the credit for this one, even though Daddy tried a few, too.

So....funeral.  That was my focus for my clothes today.  No colors.  I think I actually bought the shirt for my grandmother's funeral.  It has some nice lace details around the neck that you can't see.  Everything is old but let's see if I can remember where they came from:
Shirt: Liz Claiborne via Dillards or something
Skirt: Nine West via thrift
Shoes: Easy Spirit probably from Ross or something
Silvery beaded necklace and bracelet from my mom, black ball earrings from Kohl's

Now here's a question because I feel like my Sunday clothes are about to get really bad.  The layering, sweaters, and scarves help give some style to clothing when it's cold outside, but in the summer here in Texas where it's in the 90s for months and months I can't really do sweaters or scarves.  My short-sleeved shirts are mostly all cotton-tees and not the most stylish.  How can you accessorize summer clothes or what are some nice short-sleeved styles for summer?

Join the fine ladies at Fine Linen and Purple for some much more festive Pentecost attire!

~~~

And on a much more important note unrelated to fashion, but related to the sad funeral we attended today...If you have a moment, please offer a prayer for my husband's co-worker Heather.  She is a single mom who tragically lost her only child last week.  Her son Alex was 16.  Please pray for the repose of his soul and for all who mourn his passing.


3 comments:

Kathryn said...

What a full Sunday, Blair. I'm sure your husband's co-worker was touched you were there for the funeral. Difficult days ahead, I'm sure. We will add her son to our prayer list. God bless you, dear!

Mimi P said...

T-shirts aren't bad if they have some spandex in them, if not they look like tents. You can usually get some great t-shirts with 5%spandex even at Target:) Jewelry is a great way to accessorize for cheap! I'm in Florida so I have the same issues with summer wardrobe. A good summer scarf is cute too!

Rosie said...

Can you do sleeveless with layers for church? Not sure if sleeveless is a no-no at all times for you, or just for church. But I've found sleeveless blouses work well with either a light jersey cardigan or a lightweight knit and it's bearable even in the heat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs