Monday, June 06, 2011

Farewell, dear friends...

Photobucket

I've been such an emotional sap this weekend. Our sweet friends the A family have moved away. The girls had their final ballet performance (photos coming soon!), and then we had to say goodbye. The girls did fine but us moms shed some tears. This was one of the few homeschooling families that I know who have girls the same ages as mine. We met at the ballet school four years ago, when our oldest girls were 4 and the little ones were 2 and were both crushed that they couldn't join the dance class yet! Now all four girls have become dear friends and beautiful dancers.

The precious beauty on the right is the one we prayed for so hard two years ago when she was suffering through kidney cancer. She was so weak she couldn't even dance in the show. She had started chemo and was preparing for surgery. We didn't see them a whole lot those next few months as H was so sick and weak. She lost all her beautiful curls and we missed our friend.

To see her smiling and dancing again makes my heart so happy and grateful to our God who has healed her. I'm so thankful that we had this past year and a half to spend time with the girls again and share in so many ballet and homeschooling activities. I pray that their new adventure brings them much peace, hope, and joy and that the coming years bring continued health for H and all the family. We can't wait to see pictures of their new little brother coming this fall!

Last night Ellie was going to sleep with her Pillow Pet from her friend H. She was crying and it made me cry too. She is one of the few very close girl friends that Ellie has. I pray that all of these girls make some new friends, and that their own friendships continue to last over the years and miles.

God bless you, A family. We miss you!

P.S. Is anyone else having issues with Blogger shrinking photos so they're grainy? I had to load to photobucket and use that code for this post. Looking back at my blog, seems like the issue started around mid-May. Will have to look into this...

2 comments:

Kristy B said...

Moving is soo hard. At least it is on me. I've moved a few times, but only once was it much harder - TX to KY. The boys were little enough that, while they were sad to leave friends, they have made new ones. It's me that still struggles the most. 1000 miles is so far from home. But others have it much worse. These are things most all of us must suffer through.

Kimberly said...

Oh, my heart is hurting with yours Blair. I lost my neighbor and BFF Melanie last weekend...they moved to Ft. Worth. It was like having a big sister...and she was so emotional, she couldn't come over and say goodbye in person, but she send me the sweetest text. I was crying so hard, I could barely text her back. :-(

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs