Friday, October 15, 2010

New profile pic and flower pin link

I've never really liked my profile pic and am going to need to change out all our photos now that they're about a year old, and we have a new family member! So I had Steven snap a few shots this afternoon, and these were the best two. Which do you like better?

#1


#2


Before we left for our afternoon adventures (Fine Arts Club at the park), I made that cute green flower pin on my shirt using this tutorial on Jones Design Company. I'm learning more than just decorating tips from these new blogs I've been reading!

I made mine out of a cheap stained Ikea blanket that I'd put in the giveaway bag. It took me less than 5 minutes to cut out the little flowers and glue them on with a hot glue gun. And I just pinned it on with a safety pin. One of my style-savvy friends even asked where I bought the shirt!

Mary Clare already wants to make one for herself tonight, and I can see lots of possibilities making hairbows and such! I just need to go find some more glue sticks for the glue gun!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You look beautiful in both pics, but I like #1 the best. Purple is a great color on you and I love the flower you made. So crafty!

Jill said...

Pretty lady, pretty flower! :)

Shelly said...

I like the first one! You look great!

Mary said...

So funny, Blair! I just looked @ the Jones Design Company flower pin tutorial right before clicking onto your blog! I love that site, don't you? Anyway, you did a great job w/ your flower pin! And, of course, you look beautiful as ever! =)

Shannon said...

oh good, you picked number 1!!! So pretty!

Lindsey said...

You look great, Blair! I think the lighting is better in the first shot. beautiful. :) The Jones Design Co website is not opening for me, but I'll give it a try later. Maybe they are down for maintanance.

Anthony is sitting with me, asking "who DIS guy? Who DAT guy?" about every picture on the screen. I told him, "That's my friend, Mrs. B!" and he responded, "YES! That's my fend, too, Misses B!"

Colleen said...

I love the first one. The light is beautiful and your smile looks so natural and lovely. Beautiful pictures, Blair!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs