Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

We have so much to be thankful for! Our faith, our family, our friends, our home, our health. My four beautiful children are thriving and each so unique in God's design. They've all recently had check-ups and here were their approximate percentiles:
Mary Clare-22nd in weight/height, and she needs glasses!
Ellie-8oth in height/50th in weight
Steven-50th in both
Thomas-80th in weight/25th in length

Thomas weighed 14 lbs, 9 oz today! Looking back at my blog (the only "baby book" I have these days), it appears Steven was also around 14 pounds at 2 months. So a similar growth curve. It will be interesting to see how the boys grow and if they gain the height of their Daddy and his side of the family!

For Thanksgiving we have a Flag Football Bowl planned for the cousins in the morning and then lunch at Steven's sister's house. My parents are coming along this year, so we'll only have to attend one big celebration! We've got a "kitchen pass" with his family, who always tells us not to worry about bringing anything, since we've always got little ones and are coming from across town. One of these days we'll get on the ball and figure out some easy dishes that we can contribute. We usually end up doing our own little Thanksgiving meal soon afterwards, since we don't have leftover turkey to eat!

My goal for the weekend is to finish most of the Christmas shopping (online), pick up the house, and start readying the Advent/Christmas decorations! I might try the tradition I've read, I think it was from Charlotte, about wrapping up all the Christmas books and letting the kids open one each day to read.

Tonight I cleaned out the girls' room while they watched Toy Story 3. I've got a trashbag full of junk-toys that needs to get to the outside garbage cans before they find it! And I found about 100 books in various spots in their room. I'm glad they enjoy reading, but wow these books have got to find their way back to the bookshelves a little quicker!

Hope you all have a beautiful Thanksgiving. I'm grateful for all my friends and family who keep up with our family on this little blog. I wish you much joy and happiness in the coming Advent season!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Still makes me smile to hear you say, 'the boys.'
Oh what an adorable family you have. Yes, so much to be thankful for.

Every time you describe your life at home I think of my kids. Right down to that missing nail clipper. :)
Moving was great for eliminating a lot of junk and toys. The kids didn't know what was going on the air shipment, the sea shipment, or in their suitcases. At this point they will be happy to see any of their toys!
Like the book idea. So many nice things to do in future years when my whole house is not in an ocean somewhere. :)

Happy Thanksgiving to a wonderful family!

Anonymous said...

One idea about how to get them to put the books back on the shelves is to set up a library system. Make them each their own special library card and let them "check" out a certain number of books. This could also be an opportunity for your homeschooling in that they learn about how the library system works!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs