Sunday, February 10, 2013

What I Wore Sunday

Last night, I felt the need to get out of the house for some alone time, so I went to our nearby Kohl's and raked it in with my birthday money!  2 sweaters, 2 shirts, this long jersey skirt, and a bra for just over $40!  Everything was on clearance, and I was sure to check my favorite deal blog (www.survivingthestores.com) for their retail coupons which had a 15% off one for Kohl's!  (They also have an updated restaurant coupon list; these have both been so helpful!)
The outfit was chosen in a rush as we ran off to choir practice...a simple green 3/4 length tee and the navy skirt with my tan clogs.  I finally wore my new earrings from a Stella and Dot party!  My gold necklace holds a heart with diamond chips from my mom and a Miraculous Medal from my mother-in-law.  I believe the scarf was from my friend who lives in Doha, Qatar.

A little pre-Lent reflection:
I like the idea of sharing a little Lenten reflection on this link-up at Fine Linen and Purple!  Today I wasn't struck so much with the readings as I was with the Offertory of the "Simple English Propers" which we sang this morning.  Here is the video:



From Psalm 17:
Render secure my footsteps in your paths
So that my feet do not slip:
Incline your ear and hear my words;
Display your wonderful mercies, O Lord,
Savior of those who place their hope in you.

Isn't that just a beautiful reflection of our entire goal in this life?  For God to keep us in his footsteps, listen to our prayer, show us his mercy, and save all of us who hope in HIM!

As much as I hesitated at joining the choir since I don't feel like I have a very good voice, I am thoroughly enjoying this time singing beautiful traditional hymns, especially the Latin ones.  Mary Clare and I are learning Gregorian chant and are practicing throughout the week since we can watch many of the hymns online at ccwatershed.com.

We've been learning the polyphony, "Desidero Mi Jesu" and we're practicing, "Domine, Non Sum Dignum."  Aren't they beautiful?


What I Wore Sunday linkup

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I really love that shirt. It is a beautiful color and shape! I like it with the skirt as well. I need a skirt like that!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Mommy getting out of the house to do some shopping for herself. I got to do that on Friday and it was _great_. And yay for learning polyphony!

Unknown said...

Greta job on the shopping Mom!
Thanks so much for sharing the polyphony. Oh my gracious it's so beautiful. Sing you're heart out sister!

Ann-Marie Ulczynski said...

Love, love, love the length of that skirt. I am glad you are enjoying the singing!

myfairmatron said...

So pretty! I need to remember to break out my clogs more; they're so comfortable.

Colleen said...

You look beautiful, Blair! Love the color of your top!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs