Thursday, February 28, 2013

{pretty, happy, funny, real} and Theme Thursday

round button chicken
~Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life~
Every Thursday at Like Mother, Like Daughter
And joining in the weekly Photography Theme Thursdays
(hope you all don't mind if I double dip!)

{pretty}
I missed last week's Architecture theme,
and last night the girls had a dress rehearsal for their ballet.
It was downtown at the big auditorium,
which is surrounded by museums and this pretty park area  

It was sunset and a pretty time to photograph.  Not sure my settings; 
I didn't realize it was on Auto for some of the time!

Art Museum that overlooks the bay

A cool statue with the auditorium behind

I'm not crazy about our city for a lot of reasons, 
but this area is one of the prettiest spots of architecture and culture.

My pretty little ballerinas, thrilled to perform in
Alice in Wonderland this weekend!

{happy}
(This week's theme for Theme Thursday, Happiness or Joy)
Well, their looks are more of concentration and awe,
but I can tell you there is some real happiness going on for the boys
when Daddy starts a fire in the firepit in the backyard!

They burned off the rest of the Christmas tree, 
along with some cardboard

T-Ball practice was canceled, but I think this made up for it!

Running back from getting more cardboard

Little brother joins in the fun!



and some Instagram photos for the last two...

{funny}
As I've mentioned, I'm weaning this cutie-pie.
It has been a week, but he's still having a hard time getting to sleep,
and he's such a finicky eater.
I let him have (organic!) chips and salsa at 11pm last night.

{real}
 This new 5 year-old is soaking it all in these days.
He loves doing school.  I'm hoping he'll be a real joy to teach.
And notice the big sis in the background who has
thought up her own Texas lapbook!

9 comments:

Colleen said...

What is it with boys and fire? Or destruction of any kind? That is happiness to them!

Rebekah Es said...

Those architectural shots are gorgeous! The lines of the bridge and the lines of the fountain work musically together, and the lighting is so warm.

Boys and fire, boys and fire, boys and fire. That's all I want to say about that.

Rebecca said...

Loved your blog "About Me" poem. Very clever!

Visiting from P, H,F,R~ and so glad I did! Have a great day!

Rosie said...

That park is AWESOME! And I love the intensity with which the boys are enjoying their fire :)

Colleen said...

What beautiful photos, Blair!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, my daughters loved burning our Christmas tree this year!! And they are both very interested in the stove fire when I add more coal. It isn't just boys, LOL! Love the photos! :-)

Unknown said...

My kids are equally blissful when we've got backyard bonfires going.
And that shot of your son getting more cardboard, with the flame in the foreground? Beautiful!

Micaela Darr said...

Girls going to ballet practice, and boys burning things. I just love it.

My favorites are also the flame shots. Makes everything so dramatic!

Unknown said...

Love those fire photos! And, I too love the art museum in Corpus! Not too big, but many beautiful pieces there. I hope everyone is feeling well enough to perform this weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs