Wednesday, February 06, 2013

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

round button chicken
~Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life~
Every Thursday at Like Mother, Like Daughter
 
And also cheating while joining the other link-up and adding my {pretty} for
THEME THURSDAY AT CLAN DONALDSON

{pretty}
The theme this week was scarf or hat!  
I got spoiled with sunflare last week, so I had a hard time
figuring out scarf or hat in our South Texas weather!
The girls wanted to model this scarf, and I've been working on 
trying to get good shots in the backyard all week.
 Unfortunately the sun was in the wrong place so their eyes were a bit squinty.  
Not my best shots, but the {happy} ones are pretty good and should make up for it!


{happy}
On my photography Facebook group, I was working towards 
getting "catchlights" (light reflections) in their eyes.  
I wasn't too successful at that either, but I think I got some sweet and happy shots 
of each of the kids, except maybe Steven Joseph.  
The boys aren't too cooperative with my picture-taking.  
But Thomas did want to pose so I got the cute one of him!




And Mary Clare took this happy shot of these two last night :-)

{funny} and {real}
A collage of some funny and real moments taken on my phone this week...
 Top Row L-R: grocery helping, fascinated by the mustache on the king's face, 
and Mary Clare with her 5 MINUTE CURTAINS~
(Will have to try a tutorial on this, but it's basically cutting a top sheet in half, 
ripping the little seams to make the hanging part, and hanging it up!)
Middle row:  Blair B's Birthday Team for Color Me Rad 5K which was a blast
me in bed on my birthday wanting to sleep away the crazy day
and later a fun pizza birthday dinner.
Bottom row: Delicious Oreo cheesecake dessert shared with all the kids
another little Oreo fan, and morning kitchen play today

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Your photos are beautiful. I love the one of your eldest daughters bright and beautiful face. Such innocence and joy!! Awesome. Happy Thursday!!

Mary said...

The scarf pretty pictures with the purple flowers are lovely.

Unknown said...

First off, I love your blog header. The picture, the treatment, the border and the font all work together to make something truly beautiful.

Second, I'm so envious of flowers in February! They're the perfect backdrop to your pretty girls modeling a pretty scarf.

Thanks for linking up. Hope to see you next week.

Kathleen said...

You are very talented! Your head shots are crystal clear!

Rebekah Es said...

The flowers are the perfect background for the pretty pictures. The scarf rocks!

Also, phone pictures are the best in that they seem to capture what is really going on in our lives.

NonDomesticMama said...

I love the happy colors in the scarf. Very pretty.

Rebecca said...

Popping over from PHFR to say hello. It is my first time joining up and I am *pretty* sure it won't be my last!

Beautiful photos, all!

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

You are such a talented photographer. Here is my always question: what kind of lens are you using for the kid portraits? Love!

Unknown said...

All your photos are very beautiful!!!

Micaela Darr said...

I have to work hard to get catchlights too. I'm hoping someday it becomes second nature. I think I said this last week, but your daughters are adorable!

Elizabeth said...

Found you through Like Mothers, Like Daughter blog. Your children are beautiful and your pictures are awesome. I'm trying to learn my way around my Nikon right now. Hope I can take pictures as well as you soon!

What facebook group do you belong to?

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs