Thursday, February 14, 2013

Theme Thursdays

Happy St. Valentine's Day!  I've been linking up with Cari at Clan Donaldson for her Theme Thursday Photo Challenges.  This week I didn't do so great at capturing the theme of Trees or Leaves.  But I happened to take this pretty shot today at our Nature Club meeting of my girls and friends at our local Botanical Garden.
My camera is pretty much always set in Av mode to ISO 100, f/2.2, and 1/1600 (whatever that means; I keep learning the terminology and then subsequently forgetting it!).  I'm almost always using my 50mm lens.

Here's another one that happened to focus on the leaves, but I like the way the kids are blurred in the background.  I took this from my bedroom window.

And we can call this leaves, right?  A little peek at our Valentine Breakfast table.  Hoping to catch up on photos before our busy weekend begins.  We're having our home blessed tomorrow night!

Thanks for hosting, Cari!  I'm enjoying all the wintery photos since our Texas winter is a bit more spring-y than most :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think we need some sort of easy, visual card that we can tape onto our cameras to remember what all these settings are.
That said, these are all lovely. I like the one with the kids blurred in the background, too. I think it adds a level of interest that maybe would have been gone if you'd focused on the kids.

Thanks for linking up! See you next week.

Rebekah Es said...

The photo from your window is fantastic! What a lovely backyard you have. The way that picture looks is how I imagine I will see my kids' childhoods when I am old, soft and fuzzy children playing, scenery...time will tell!

Micaela Darr said...

Just gorgeous shots of the kids, both of them.

And I love me some tulips!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs