Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday Daybook

Outside my window...
It's been rainy all day.  This photo was from when it was pouring this morning.  Thomas was fascinated by the rain.  It's been awhile since we've had rain and he's just now starting to be more aware of the world around him.  And adding new words every day...I love it!

I am thinking...
That I wish I would've seen my phone an hour ago since a neighbor texted to ask the girls to come play dolls.  They would've enjoyed that.  But baby is still asleep and I need to start dinner after one more school subject for one of my less motivated pupils.  She just recited a poem for me, they're working on "The Months" by Sara Coleridge for co-op.  I told them they'd get a reward if they had it memorized for Thursday!

I am thankful...
For Steven.  He cooks many meals on the weekends and usually takes us out to eat for dinner once.  Saturday mornings are Shipley's donuts and this weekend was a fun outing to the Air Show!  He works hard all day and doesn't complain when I rush out before dinner to make it to Zumba class.  He has helped with the fussy baby all weekend, including the middle of the night last night.  After dinner last night we had a fun time playing on the driveway in the dark with a glow stick he found while cleaning out the garage.  The kids had a blast while I had ice cream, and Steven had a cigar and a scotch ;-)

In the kitchen...
I'm about to start dinner, a "Skinny" Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo I pinned on Pinterest.  I've been trying lots of new recipes and will share a few tomorrow!

I am wearing...
Black yoga pants and an orange t-shirt.  Tonight will be Zumba so I will be ready!  I'm sad but not surprised that the studio is closing next Thursday.  Attendance is low and the owner is suffering from Lymphoma (please say a prayer for C.).  I'm going to try to fit in a bunch of workouts the next two weeks so I can use up the rest of my punch card.

I am creating...
An art party for Ellie this weekend.  Hoping for good weather and for some time to slip out and shop this week at Michael's and Hobby Lobby.  We have a list of some ideas, and I think I'm going to try my first attempt of fondant for part of her cake.  It'll be a good introduction without going all-out fondant!

I am going...
To have a lot of errands this week!  Three returns of Easter items (bought myself a dress and shoes but changed my mind, and one dress that was the wrong size for Ellie), art and party supplies for the weekend, and food too.  I'd like to buy a little play pool for the kids.  Saturday is the Rummage Sale for our parish, benefiting the Vacation Bible School, so we'll be dropping off a lot of stuff and planning to help with that, too!

I am wondering...
When we'll find the time to sit and work on our budget for the Financial Peace course.  We have some loose ends with some different financial things that I'm praying will fall into place. 


I am reading...
Hallie's book!  But it keeps getting lost around my house.  Need to sit down and read a chapter once dinner is finished.

I am hoping...
That nothing is wrong with this computer.  The DVDs keep getting stuck and the screen has been freezing up a little today.  iMac is about 6 1/2 years old and I don't want to buy another Mac right now!  But I don't think we'll be going back to a PC anytime.  We've loved this Mac.

I am looking forward to...
Summertime here at the beach!

I am learning...
To be a better cook and housewife and a happier homeschooler.  Overall, I'm just learning each day how to run a house of 6 people, it's no easy job!

Around the house...
I love the way our sunroom is working out as a playroom AND schoolroom.  It's usually such a bright area, and now that we're doing school in there, it's forcing us to keep it cleaned up.  And now I'm not so worried about the carpet and chandelier in the dining room.  Also so grateful we got the garage cleaned up this weekend.  Here are the boys playing during the clean-up adventure!


I am pondering...
Just how much mental energy and time it's taking me to write a daybook, which I thought I'd be able to do quickly this afternoon!  Now it's 11:15pm!

A favorite quote for today...
I've been thinking about this since I saw it on Amongst Lovely Things the other day. She found it in the manual for the Phonetic Zoo program.
"Smile a lot, and don't feel you have to continuously point out [the child's] errors.  Frequency will do its job."

One Two of my favorite things...
These two little rascals just melt my heart!  Tommy was COVERED in ice cream after our visit to DQ on the way home from the air show.  And Steven Joseph was begging to get some dish soap to play with in the water hose.  Also, note how great his scar looks at 7 months post-surgery!



A few plans for the rest of the week:
Tomorrow is ballet and maybe Zumba, also maybe another attempt for a playdate with the neighbor, Wednesday is the busy day with piano, ballet, and Financial Peace.  Thursday is co-op and Friday is Fun Friday afternoon at the church; we'll probably stay all evening to help with the rummage sale prep.  This weekend we'll be celebrating our Ellie!


And I'm going to end it here.  I have photos from the beach and the Air Show, plus some Pinterest recipe links to share!

1 comment:

JulieC said...

I can't believe Ellie in the belly is turning 7!!!!! Happy Birthday sweet girl!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs