Friday, August 07, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday



1. I jogged 30 minutes on Tuesday and 25 minutes on Thursday, in the 90+ degree Texas heat!

2. We made it to daily mass again today. We missed half of it again. Next week's goal: Daily Mass arrival before the intercessions.

3. I took Mary Clare to a Family Yoga class today for ages 6 and up. Not sure we'll be doing that again. It wasn't quite what I would have expected for a class with children. She loved getting her own mat and being in a class with just me (we were actually the only students), but I'm going to try more of a fun one next time. The teacher had been teaching yoga for 35 years and she was serious about it!

4. Almost made call #7589465 to Poison Control. Decided to Google "toxicity of toothpaste" instead. I think he'll be okay; he'll just smell like cherry all night. I have so many cute pictures of this little guy from the fountains today; I'll have to give them their own post!

5. I was excited to see the winner of So You Think You Can Dance! (warning: spoiler if you haven't watched it) If you've read my blog for any amount of time, you will remember that I'm a lover of all things related to dance, and I've really enjoyed watching this show the past couple months. I loved the other top 4, especially Kayla, but Jeanine really did an amazing job on the finale show. They are all phenomenal dancers! I'm watching the videos of the season over and over again! I'd love to go see them live here in October...anyone want to join me?

6. I survived watching 7 kids ages 8 and under last night. That was no small feat! Only our poor little goddaughter left with war wounds (a forehead goose egg).

7. Tomorrow we're celebrating my mother-in-law's birthday. The kids have been working on some signature creations ;-) Happy Birthday to Grampatti!

Oh and since I hadn't posted it before, but most of you found it anyway, I was published on Faith & Family Live on Tuesday. Finally using my writing for "real".

I'll end with some photos I never posted from last week, because artsy kids are just too cute! Have a great weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

ViolinMama said...

I just saw your article!!! Thank you posting the link to it...sometimes I miss the features!

Your list is wonderful, and I think you are such an inspiration! Your class sounds great (I've been struggling with yoga lately) but yeah, maybe the next class won't be so overwhelming. HAHA on the cheery toothepaste and I LOVE LOVE LOVE so you think you can dance!!! I was thrilled to watch it!

Much love and God Bless!

Catherine said...

Thanks for writing that article, Blair. Much love to you all.

Lerin said...

I just read your F&F article. Great reflection... Adam still has his job, but they just dropped the educational incentive, and he will have to drop out of school again unless/untl they pick it back up. We are so sad because there is no way we can afford to pay tuition on our own, and his lack of the degree is keeping him at a much lower-paying tier and we need more money to support our growing family. I need to remember to trust, and be thankful tha he IS still working at all.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs