Sunday, March 11, 2007

Veronica, Veronica

Wherefore art thou, Veronica?

As most of you know, our dearest friends moved to the Middle East just when we moved back to town in January. Last week they were blessed to move into a brand new home and I can't wait to see pictures of the home where they will spend the next few years! But really I just can't wait to talk to my sweet friend. I assume they have no internet or phone for the time being, although we are really thankful that they normally have a local line where we can still talk most days even though they live on the other side of the world!

Steven told me today that they don't have daylight savings time so we will now be "only" 8 hours behind them instead of 9! But now I've realized that this is not such a good setup. When I want to call Veronica at our usual 11pm/7am time, it will only be 6am for her. And it will be later in the evening for her if I want to call in the morning...so confusing! Not to mention the way the days of the week work there...the work week is Sun-Thurs, so weekends are Fri and Sat. But I'm sure we'll find a way to work it out. I mean, girls will find a way to talk on the phone, no matter what!

We miss you guys, Vero y Kike (y Quito y Palo)! Can't wait to see you this summer and to talk to you soon!!!

Veronica holding her goddaughter Ellie the day she was born

1 comment:

Kristen Laurence said...

What a beautiful friend you have!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs