Monday, November 01, 2010

All Saints' Day 2010

Happy Feast of All Saints!

We celebrated on Saturday with our homeschool group's annual party out at the farm with a huge crowd this year! I was supposed to lead the saint parade in song, but we were running late and arrived as the parade was halfway around the bend. Oh well, there's always next year!

Here are my sweet saints:

Steven as St. George


Ellie as St. Bernadette


and Mary Clare as St. Bathildis (an obscure queen who she learned about last year in Little Flowers)

My silly girl insisted on wearing her green striped shirt under this beautiful dress! This color-conscious mom can't handle it. I told her to please wear white, to no avail!

Since I was wearing/nursing a baby for most of the party, I didn't get many photos. Most of the booths/games were the same as in previous years, but one new "booth" this year was the beautiful All Souls Chapel. Families brought photos of deceased loved ones and everyone would go in and pray for a few minutes. Isn't it beautiful?



I did get a couple shots of one of the favorite activities, the hayride!



We had a fun evening at the farm! All you holy men and women, pray for us!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs