Sunday, September 19, 2010

Smiling about...

a new working dishwasher! Yay! The repairman wasn't able to fix our dishwasher or icemaker on Friday, and recommended we just get a new dishwasher. We went to 4 different places today before we finally found the one we wanted that was available for us to buy and take home!

My handy hubby spent about 2 hours installing it and I'm so excited to load it for the first time and get all the dirty dishes out of my sink without scrubbing them myself!


Yesterday I spent much of the day in bed. I was having contractions all afternoon, almost to the point of calling the doctor. But they finally slowed down enough for us to stop panicking! Steven took all the kids out to the farm last night while I stayed home in the quiet house. What a strange feeling!

I've also been having those "last time" feelings this weekend...realizing it could be the last time I go to Sunday Mass without the new baby, my last grocery store trip tonight, and of course the last days with just 3 children to take care of...


Here are how my precious cherubs are sleeping right now. Steven and I have been so exhausted by the end of the day that we end up letting them all fall asleep in our bed, watching a movie on the floor, or whatever. Bedtime is never a strict routine in our household, but even less so right now!

This evening we moved a little table and chairs into my room so that the girls can come in and do some schoolwork while I'm resting now, and recovering in the coming weeks. Someone on one of my email loops suggested this and I wish I would've thought of it sooner! Sometimes a little change of scenery is good for the kids too, so hopefully we can get a little bit of schoolwork done in the midst of the coming events!

Tomorrow morning is the first Faith Formation class for Mary Clare and her homeschool friends, in preparation for their sacraments this year (Reconciliation and Holy Communion). We are supposed to meet for daily mass at 9am and then they have their hour-long class. I know this is going to be a beautiful experience for her but am wondering how in the world I'm going to handle daily mass every Monday morning with my crew? I may just have to pass on tomorrow's class, but I'd hate for her to miss the first one.

Please offer a little prayer for us as we navigate the activities of the coming weeks...sacramental classes, Faith Formation, ballet, doctor visits, a hospital stay, and a NEW BABY! I am still in shock that I could have a little one in my arms any day now. And still panicked that I will have to have major surgery again in order to meet him or her. God be with us and help us get to the "other side" all in one piece!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God for handy hubby's and working dishwashers!! Praying for all of ya!!!
signed
Theresa in Alberta

Kimberly said...

I know it's hard not to think about it all...but just breathe...don't even think about one full day...just focus on one hour, or even just 5 minutes. Once that is done, then tackle the next thing.
You can do it Blair...and if you can't...the world won't end. Besides...nobody would know it anyway except you. God will take care of the rest...and we are praying for you.

Anonymous said...

prayers! :)
it is also exciting to have a new little one to take care of!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs