Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thursday Outings

EDIT-Finally was able to load them all, yay! More posts to come, if the kids don't wake up!
(So frustrating! I've been trying to load photos since I started this post Thursday night and still can't get them all on. I'll edit later! Also, I'm enjoying everyone's blogs which I'm now subscribed to on Google Reader, which makes reading so much easier, even on my phone. But commenting is hard to do, so just know I'm enjoying all of your blogging and hopefully I'll be back at this soon!)

What a crazy day (Thursday)! I started off reading my emails in bed on my phone and read that a local community theater group was putting on a FREE production about the life of Laura Ingalls Wilder at a downtown outdoor theatre today and tomorrow. You know how I am about free things. We had plans for Friday, so I scooped up the kids and rushed across town for the (rather disappointing) play. Afterwards, we walked through a nearby Japanese Garden which was beautiful!

We rested at home this afternoon, but then Daddy came home a little early and asked the kids if they'd like to go swimming at the YMCA! It would be the first swim of the season, but we had to make a quick trip for some essentials like new swim trunks for Daddy, goggles, a life jacket, and of course some tights for the kids' portraits we'll have taken tomorrow. We arrived at the pool around 7:30pm and the kids had a blast swimming with Daddy while I watched from the sidelines. The pool is still a little too chilly for my liking. Steven Joseph was very hesitant. He obviously didn't really remember swimming last year, and got pretty scared initially. Hopefully he'll warm up to it as the weeks go by!

I can't believe I'm still awake after 11pm. I've become quite the early bird, which doesn't allow for a lot of blogging time as our afternoon/evening internet service is really bad and I'm having a problem with photo uploading at all times! I guess I'm still hyped up after today's activities and I'm also trying to figure out the outfits for the kids' portraits tomorrow. The girls have matching dresses, but I'm having a hard time digging up something for SJ to wear. I'm sure it'll work out fine, Daddy might just have to deal with the fact that I may end up putting him in a sailor suit. Daddy's not so keen on sailor suits...I'll scan in the photos soon.


watching the Laura Ingalls play, it was chilly!


Joey started getting antsy, see him wandering in the orange hoodie?


Hermann Park



Japanese Gardens











take a picture of me jumping, mom!



Ellie insisted on running off to wave to the zoo train


JoJo saying goodbye to the park


one last gravel-castle and we're off!


Swimming at the YMCA...
working up the nerve to get in a 2nd time


Daddy's the best!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs