Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Christmas Planning

So I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to fix up this dollhouse for Mary Clare. It's my old one and is big and beautiful, but the more I look at it, the more I realize it needs a lot of work. I'm wondering if I'd be better off just buying this and saving the "real" dollhouse to fix up when the girls are older. (By the way, I just read that Wal-Mart will no longer support controversial organizations and the AFA is recanting it's suggestion to not shop there the days after Thanksgiving!) I've already bought some Fisher Price Loving Family dolls and furniture because the wooden stuff just breaks too easily with the little ones. Maybe I'd just be better off buying a new house too (Steven, you're not reading this are you?)...





Ellie will probably get this for Christmas. I was so surprised to find a tricycle where her feet would reach the pedals! She LOVES bikes, almost as much as balls, so she will be thrilled!

Ooooh, but looking further I see something she would really love! It's so much fun being a mommy and thinking of just what your kids will like for Christmas.

But more importantly, I hope to get started on some Advent planning so we can really focus on the season and preparing for Christ's birth. We'll also be celebrating St. Nicholas Day on December 6th, which is coming up soon! We're still figuring out exactly what our family traditions will be, especially as regards St. Nick/Santa. Mary Clare is old enough now to know what's going on and we can't just avoid Santa this year. Although I did avoid the Santa Wonderland display when mall-walking today; I just wasn't ready for the questions at what that huge castle and throne were. Maybe I'll just tell her the throne is for Jesus, and make sure to ONLY go to the mall when he's not there! Don't think that would work for long though. She's too observant and inquisitive.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I really like your old doll house. It looks very similar to one that my mother-in-law gave us recently for my girls. But I'm like you...I sort of think it would be better for when they're older, and we're able to collect the tiny little furniture and accessories together. Right now my girls (AND my son!) really enjoy playing together with their Fisher Price Little People dollhouse (and farm, and castle, and amusement park... ). I like that the figures and toys that come with them are the perfect fit for small hands, no small parts for choking, don't break or splinter...

I've seen the doll house you're referring to and I'm really tempted to get it for my girls! And I think that ball roller is so perfect for your little Ellie!

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

P.S. I wrote about Christmas and Advent traditions just the other day and some of the comments I had were FULL of wonderful ideas and suggestions! (We, too, are struggling with what traditions we'd like to incorporate into our holiday celebrations.)

Anonymous said...

Hi Blair - I agree with Melissa. I love the old doll house - but think one day when the girls are older they could appreciate that it had belonged to you as a little girl and maybe you could all work to restore it together! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs