Thursday, November 09, 2006

Music really helps with memory!

I remember lyrics from songs I learned in 3rd grade. I plan to teach many memorization concepts through song when I homeschool. The best one I created while teaching 1st grade was a song called "There are Seven Sacraments" to the beat of "We Will Rock You." Over the course of a few weeks I also taught them the Ave Maria latin chant by teaching a few lines each day. They sounded so beautiful!

Just a few minutes ago, Mary Clare was in her room singing "La vaca hace mu." (The cow says moo) We checked out a "We learn Spanish" tape from the library and both Mary Clare and I are learning more Spanish this week!

Ellie can say Jesus! Yay!

Oh and Lillian, she's in a Motherease diaper. Thanks again :) I'm back to cloth diapering at home.

1 comment:

Lillian said...

YEAH about the diapers!! I need to get all the info on those spanish cd's. My kids need to learn it and music is a wonderful way to learn!! They've learned so many bible verses that way!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs