Friday, September 18, 2015

The Lord is kind and merciful, Fullness of Truth 2015

The Lord is kind and merciful. Slow to anger, rich in kindness. The Lord is kind and merciful.


This past weekend we attended the Fullness of Truth Catholic Family Conference for the 2nd year. We had a wonderful time sharing the weekend with so many friends and were encouraged in our vocation to family life and our call in the Church. I am truly reminded of God's lovingkindness when I experience weekends like this. It's like a little slice of Heaven.

It doesn't matter what the speaker is sharing about, which songs are sung at Mass, or which of the dozens of friends I'm visiting with at any given moment. What matters is that we are all on this journey together. We're all striving to live out our call to holiness. It is such a blessing to look around and see hundreds of families like yours, while also getting to spend a weekend relaxing at a beautiful resort. I just had to keep reminding myself to take a deep breath and let it all sink in.

It's taken me about 5 days to get back to finish this, so I guess it's time to add the photos and move along! We're in the middle of home renovations, while trying to stay on top of homeschooling, and preparing for our move next week! But I'm so grateful for this little respite we had last weekend to help us prepare for the busy season ahead!

Out for "linner" at Chuy's right before we arrived 

Love this pool!

A playground right outside our room

Fun indoors during some light rain the first night

A bear waffle for breakfast at probably the best breakfast buffet ever!

Fr Leo's talk (the cooking priest!). His was the only one I (mostly) got to hear. Baby was asleep and I even got to slip into confession when I first walked in. His points were some that I know I needed to hear, about the importance of family meals, cooking together, and how much that relates to our Catholic faith. Some of the points I wrote: God wants to give you a love that is "wasteful" like the Prodigal Father. God doesn't work like "fast food," he uses a crockpot not a microwave! Teach children how to feed others, not how to be fed (no spoiled brats!). Lots of good things to "chew" on...

The lazy river

Sunrise over the pool

Katie right before we left town, getting nice and messy with her pizza!

A peaceful moment before leaving

Such beautiful trees in the hill country!

A sweet weekend of God's mercy and grace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs