Today we started back to homeschool and it actually went pretty well, all things considered. We even had a special visitor in the late morning. I was reading the kids a Nativity storybook when all of a sudden there was a nun at the front door bearing Christmas cookies for our family! Apparently my kind husband paid for the nuns' items at Hobby Lobby last weekend when I was home sick, and I guess they asked everyone's names. Somehow they found out where we live and came to deliver this sweet Epiphany gift to thank him!
I dropped the girls at ballet and Steven is picking them up now. I think it's probably best I do drop offs the next few weeks because wrangling the boys at the dance studio tends to make me feel bad in the evenings. So I came home and made a nice dinner of chicken and rice, while the boys have some Netflix time and Mary Clare is likely getting her pointe shoes checked so she can put ribbons on and wear them later this week!
We'll have about three more weeks here until we head to Houston for the baby wait. So I'm going to write down a few goals for these weeks!
1. Confirm lodging arrangements for the Baby Wait. Also, make furniture and packing lists.
2. Complete 3 weeks of homeschool and pack up books to take with us.
3. Co-Op planning day tomorrow for the new semester. Make sure all is taken care of for my absence.
4. 4-H Livestock show entries due next Monday.
5. Purchase a few baby items needed (car seat, etc), and pack up the things we need to bring with us (clothes, blankets, diapers, etc)
6. Register Steven Joseph for t-ball, decide on piano lesson plans for January, and pay for January ballet.
7. Godchildren birthdays coming up and I didn't send anything for Christmas either.
8. Take down Christmas decorations. Our tree is drooping badly!
10. Meal plans this week: chicken and rice, roast and potatoes, leftovers, and that's about all I've got so far!
More Sunday outfits at Fine Linen and Purple: