Friday, August 30, 2013

Baby Dear and Houston Days



My 12 week appointment was this week, which started with a happy ultrasound! After those earlier scans where it's quite hard to find the tiny baby, this time we immediately saw this sweet figure moving around with hiccups and a beating heart.  It was such a relief, and baby looks well and healthy at this point. Thanks be to God! And thank you, friends, for your prayers.

I was also given orders to stop using the progesterone supplements, which I hope will help me to feel a little more myself! At this point, though, I feel like a mess of hormones, crying for no reason and sobbing through my first read of "Little Women!"  I think my body just needs a few more days to regulate and also to recover from a fun and busy 4 days in Houston and having the godparents over to stay last night before their beach weekend.

We got to see all the grandparents, a few cousins and aunts, some of my old friends from high school (one visiting from VA!), go to the pool, cheer on the brand new Dominican high school volleyball team, and even make a visit to see our dearly missed friends at the ballet school. Add in some favorite restaurants and time relaxing with family, and it made for a very nice trip. But it's no wonder my body is exhausted and emotional. I need some time to rest and relax before our biggest family vacation yet! 

Here are some Instagram pics...

Playing on the putting range after dinner with my parents at the club

Crazy boy cousins!

Sister encouraging the Falcon volleyball team after the game

A fun playground at the hosting school of the volleyball game

Killing time playing at a favorite toy store

And lunch out with these sweet high school friends

1 comment:

Jill said...

So great to see the pic of the little baby!
Keep rested! You have such a busy, fun life down there in Texas. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs