Thursday, May 24, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

~Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life~
Every Thursday at Like Mother, Like Daughter

 
 {pretty}
  Pretty girls at the homeschool conference, which was held at a Catholic high school.  I thought it'd be cute to take a pic of them by the lockers in the hallway.  I love both MC's skirt (resale store) and Ellie's dress (thrift store), pink and purple are always their colors.  And I see that they're also wearing their new miraculous medals here.  Love my beautiful girls who are growing up before my eyes!


{happy}
Happy to share about Our Lady of Fatima at our Apparition Fair to finish off the year with our homeschool group.

Also, very happy to spend an afternoon at the San Antonio Zoo!


{funny}
Dr. Ray Guarendi was the keynote speaker at the homeschool conference.  He was hilarious and we were all laughing the whole time!  And yes, the high school auditorium was nearly full!  It was a wonderful conference and very well attended for the first time it was done in San Antonio. 
 

 
{real}
This week has been a rough one.  A stomach virus hit the whole family.  At one point there were three of us throwing up about the same time.  Miserable.  It only lasted a few hours, but it's just never a fun thing to go through.  Last time we got one right before Christmas, and this time it hit right before some friends were supposed to come visit.  Looks like they're going to brave it, so we are doing some serious cleaning and disinfecting, and praying that we don't spread this virus to anyone else!

Since I was already in the cleaning mode, why not clean out the girls' room?  You'd never know that we've only been in this house for six months if you looked at what was under their beds!  But now the bedrooms are really cleaned out.  I just need to get back on the ball to give them their last few tests so we can officially be done with the 2011-2012 school year!
Have a great Memorial Day weekend!  And thanks for hosting, Rosie!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the stomach flu... you poor things! I hope you're all better!

Jill said...

Minus the stomach flu part, I loved this post!
MC has a super cute skirt in the locker photo.
You are all so cute!

Neen said...

The kids look so good. I hope all are feeling better. I also hope that next year I can attend some wonderful conferences. I was hoping to this year but God had other plans. I am not going to complain, beccause they really are very cute distractions. I need the encouragement, I would love to have been at that confernece. Glad it was good.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs