Monday, August 08, 2011

Make New Friends, But Keep the Old...

I got to spend time with several old friends over the past couple weeks. First it was a playdate with these lovely ladies, close friends from high school. One was visiting from Virginia! It was so great to hang out and see each others' growing kids!


And our friend who was hosting has a pool! Fun, fun!


Tommy was content with water toys, so mama didn't have to get in the pool!






A group shot of the kids minus Mary Clare and 2 of the little boys.
Steven Joseph had so much fun playing with these big boys!
Look how he's grinning at them!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next week, I had a wonderful meet-up with my closest friends from childhood,
since one was visiting from out of town.
We've known each other since we were about 5!

(I had to crop this one; I looked like a whale next to these skinny minnies!)

We met up at my parents' house so that we wouldn't need to corral our toddlers in a restaurant! Good choice!


SJ was the "big boy" at this playdate!





Even though I only see these friends once or twice a year, and our families have all moved different places and taken different paths, it's SO nice to get together and feel like things are the same again. We have a history that none of my current friends, or even my husband, have together. And it's beautiful to see how God is blessing their families in their own little adventures! It's also neat to see the growing kids and how they look (or don't look) like my friends and their extended families.

Karyn, Michele, Amanda, Melissa, and Elizabeth...I'm so grateful for our time together and happy to still call you friends. I hope we can continue to meet up over the years as we watch each others' families grow and change. How time flies!

"One is silver and the other gold..."

2 comments:

Neen said...

God says it best . . . my favorite passage: Sirach Chapter 6 14-17
"A faithful friend is a sturdy shelter; he who finds one finds a treasure.
A faithful friend is beyond price, no sum can balance his worth.
A faithful friend is a life-saving remedy, such as he who fears God finds;
For he who fears God behaves accordingly, and his friend will be like himself."

Melissa D. said...

What wonderful friends and friendships. Beautiful mommies and beautiful families.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs