Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Independence Day 2011

I didn't get many photos of the other weekend festivities, including an evening with my parents and my visiting baseball-playing uncle, a birthday celebration on the 3rd for Steven's dad with lots of cousins, and a visit to the local waterpark aquatic center. We did get pics of the parade though!

The kids had been readying for days by making bags to put their goodies in. After a lot of driving around to figure out where we would watch, we ended up on Market Street :)


The parade begins with the colonial crew...


Always some high school bands


A sweaty baby who got tired of the festivities very quickly! He loved his first Jamba Juice smoothie though!


This little man felt a little sick all morning. Maybe because he had Tootsie Rolls for breakfast in the 100 degree heat?


And speaking of the heat, who would agree to wearing a Build A Bear costume in this kind of weather???


A cute float by a local hospital. I loved the purple house!


Mr. Misery


It's a bird?


It's a plane?


No, it's LifeFlight right above our heads!


Happy family leaving the parade early ;) Just too hot for our crew, so we were off to the waterpark!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Hi I'm a new follower from Catholic Mothers online! I love the little poem in your about me section and your great pictures!!

Melissa D. said...

I can't believe how grown up SJ and Tommy look! What a cutie that blonde SJ is!!! Love your new hair cut. I'm about sick of my "long" hair, but need to hold out at least one more month before I can give up my summer ponytail. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs