Monday, October 22, 2007

Clean blankeys

The girls have not been very happy today. Ellie's diaper leaked onto both her blankeys, so I washed them as well as MC's blankeys. We no longer have a "smelly" blankey in the house and the girls are not happy about it. I'm a mean mommy!

But the best news of the day is that I PASSED the 3 hour glucose test! The level for my one hour test was so high that I thought I most definitely had gestational diabetes. I really tried hard to eat healthy and take out sugar, as well as take lots of walks last week in hopes that maybe it would help my scores. Apparently it did, or else the first level was just really high for a strange reason! I should really keep up with the healthy eating and exercise, but at least I don't have to worry about more doctor appointments and blood testing for the next 8 weeks...only EIGHT WEEKS to go, oh my!

Another happy item in today's events...it's in the mid-50s today! Chilly :)

8 comments:

Em said...

So glad to hear your test was negative. What great news!

Colleen said...

I'm so glad you passed the glucose test! Enjoy the next 8 weeks!

Anonymous said...

GREAT NEWS! I knew it.

~Sarah~

Lillian said...

Glad to hear about your test results! It was chilly here too! We had to take out our hand me downs and pass out "new" clothes to everyone.

I just boxed up summer clothes (minus a few short sleeves) so I hope it doesn't turn warm again! :-/

Shelly said...

Good for you!! That's awesome news - well, I was speaking to the test, but the clean blankies are a plus, too! With my last pregnancy [#8] I had GD. I managed to control it w/diet though. *IF* we're blessed again, i'm certain I'll avoid it completely :O)
It's just nice getting those good reports, ya know? Little smiles during the week...

Crafty Mom said...

Gotta say that with both my kids I had to do the 3 hour test and both times it was negative. I think sometimes are bodies just don't process sugar well.

I am soo glad to hear that you don't have to worry about diabetes while pregnant, and that the girls are enjoying some more seasonal weather.

Josie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josie said...

Can't believe we're getting so close Blair. I'm glad to hear you passed your glucose test! Can't wait to meet Peter!

By the way I deleted that comment. I wanted to edit but it didn't give me the option...just in case you were wondering.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs