So, now here I sit on Monday morning, waiting to find out when our move will be happening. Steven and the mortgage/realtor guys take care of everything while I just wait to be told what to do and when we are closing. It could be tomorrow, or it could be who knows when. I'm running low on packing boxes, and a bit anxious to find out when we'll be in our new house! Poor Steven has all the headaches, and also has to get back to Houston to return the rental car and pick up our Suburban!
Wednesday evening starts the chaos of Nutcracker week, with rehearsals or performances every day until Sunday. Aunt Jill is coming to see the show, and maybe NeNe and PaPa too! This was definitely not the ideal week for moving, or for our car breaking down. But I'm trying to just roll with the punches and not stress out about it all. We are so grateful to be able to buy this home, so a few days of waiting and bumps in the road aren't a big deal. Last week I learned my lesson of getting myself worked up trying to finish my furniture painting project and also having the kids make dessert treats for Thanksgiving. Wednesday evening I was losing my cool, so a long weekend in Houston was just what I needed to get some perspective and have a break from the house-packing.
I ran out of photo space on the blog, but need to look into my different options of buying more storage. For now, I'll have to leave you with your imaginations of a house full of boxes, messes, dust, and kids in PJs (if even). Hoping for the week to go as smoothly as possible, but preparing myself for more chaos! And praying for those who are without job or home this holiday season...
Goals from last 2 weeks:
1. Daily readings, Laudate App
6. Visit Botanical Garden
Goals for this week:
1. Pack and move! Find more boxes and buy some plastic bins.
2. Survive Nutcracker week! Buy new ballet shoes for girls.
3. Possibly purchase a mattress for us so we don't have to move it twice.
4. Change all the utilities/addresses when we have a moving date (city, electric, phone/internet, cell, insurance, etc).
5. Clean out rental home, steam carpets.
6. Change girls' well-check appt.
7. Zumba 3x/wk
8. Meals: Leftovers, quesadillas, pizza, ???? (Not going to stress out about this; we may eat out for several dinners this week. I wanted to "close" the kitchen and pack it up, but will wait until we have a definite moving date. I bought a lot of lunch, breakfast, and snack foods to get us through the week!)
Here goes nothin'! Back to packin'!