Wednesday, August 15, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

round button chicken
~Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life~
Every Thursday at Like Mother, Like Daughter

{pretty}
I have so many pretty pictures of my big baby boy at the beach! 

Would you pray for us this week?  I decided on a whim to cold-turkey wean him when we got home from vacation, but it isn't going so well.  I used this method with the other 3 kids around this age (22mos), but twice I was pregnant, making the adjustment so much easier for everyone!   We're both struggling this week...me with hormones, emotions, and engorgement pain, and him without his usual comfort day and night to get to sleep.  Hopefully we're about to turn a corner or I'm going to throw in the towel!  All the kids are in rare form this week, the "valley" after vacation...It's been a hard few days.  


{happy}
On a lighter note, we had a week filled with many happy moments with cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents (about 35 people staying in one house)!  I found one of my kids in the bed crying when we got home, missing her cousins!  It was like a week-long slumber party.






{funny and real}
Some outtakes...

I got the idea of the numbers on the back of the cousins' t-shirts from a Pinterest link that ended up being a private blog, so I can't give credit.  But I do give my credit to Steven's sister Katie who bought and ironed on all those numbers!



And top it off with a water balloon fight...Mary Clare was up against all the boys here...way outnumbered!

8 comments:

Jamie said...

That is such an adorable picture with all the cousins! You have such a fun family!

*kate said...

I love the t-shirts!

Mrs. Bennett Has Class said...

I love the numbered photo! What a fun idea, to all get a beach house together. It looks like you have a great weekend! And with all those cousins to play with, no wonder your children miss that. I hope your week improves!

Catholicfitmom said...

I love the shirt picture. How fun.

Colleen said...

I'm praying for you, Blair. Weaning can be tough.

I'm loving all these beach pictures!

Jill said...

I will be praying for you during this hard time of weaning. I had to go cold turkey this time around and the engorgement lasted forever. I was also really sad. But, now Louie and I are quite content with evening cuddles instead of nursing. And I love the idea that he potentially could live without me for a night (even though we haven't tried!). :)

Again, jealous of those beaches!!

Leila said...

What a fun post! What a blessing to have all those wonderful family members, and I love the t-shirts!

Don't feel that you've "failed" or are doomed to nurse for life if you nurse a little to get over this hump. I found it better to drop certain times of day, or only keep one time (say, waking up from the nap) for a while, then find a distraction from that. It's okay -- this will all pass :)

Abbey @ Surviving Our Blessings said...

Weaning is so hard. I always felt it was a couple of steps forward, a step back...not an easy time. You are in my prayers. (I love the cousin shirts, too...what a great idea!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs