Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Blackberry Picking at the Farm

When we went out to the O family farm last week, I was telling the kids just how blessed they are to have 2 friends with farms where we can go out and visit often! We go to the O's in the fall for our All Saints' Day Party and in the spring for blackberry picking.

The drought resulted in a smaller crop this year, so they couldn't host the whole homeschool group. But she offered for individual families to come out, so we took her up on that offer with 3 other families last Thursday!

It was a cloudy day, and just as our afternoon was coming to a close, the strong winds and thunderstorms blew in! Everyone was thrilled for rain, but it was no fun to drive in!


Thomas did really well hanging out in the stroller, with his water bottle "toy" tied to it!


Even though E and SJ aren't big into blackberry-eating, they still had fun picking. MCgot right to work and enjoyed snacking throughout the day!




SJ was so happy to spend the day with his friend J; here they are with J's mom, my good friend nearing the arrival of her 5th baby!


The little guys had a blast throwing the non-ripe red berries to the chickens!


Then it was baking time!



Followed by a picnic lunch, tree-climbing, swinging, fort-playing, and freeze tag!



Oh to be a kid again and run around these green fields!


Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I lack.
In green pastures you let me graze; to safe waters you lead me;
you restore my strength. You guide me along the right path for the sake of your name.
Even when I walk through a dark valley, I fear no harm for you are at my side; your rod and staff give me courage.
You set a table before me as my enemies watch; You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Only goodness and love will pursue me all the days of my life; I will dwell in the house of the Lord for years to come.

2 comments:

Olivia said...

What a fun outing! And yes, to be blessed with friends with farms is really nice!

Jill said...

Oh what fun. I am just amazed at the amount of support and friends that surround you.
Love the pics. MC is especially looking so grown up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs