Wednesday, August 26, 2015

18 Months

Our sweet baby girl turned 18 months last week. One and a half. Now closer to 2 than 1. Starting to talk. Starting to have her own strong opinions. Starting to be loud and friendly like our entire bunch! My baby is growing up too fast!

I took some photos of her on Sunday evening. She wore this sweet smocked dress to mass, with little ruffled socks and white Mary Janes. I can't get enough.

I love the little tuft of hair that's always scraggly at the back of her head. The constant bruise on her forehead from when she trips and falls (last week she had a bad one). I love her sweet little hands, and her near-constant grin. The way she says Mama and Dada and shakes her head yes or no. The way her feelings get hurt when we correct her and she covers her mouth with her hands and cries. And even those loud grunts or the pushing away she does when she doesn't like something. I love how she wants my mom or my friend Leanne more than me sometimes. She yells Mama and runs to them. I love that one front tooth that kind of sticks out, probably because of that pacifier. I love her few little sweet words...BAH (ball, book, the sheep sound), DAH (dog), NUMMY (food). 

I'd like to freeze time right now. I just think of how quickly the babyhood and little-girlhood of the older ones went by. I know I'm going to blink and she'll no longer be my nursing baby, but my talking toddler. It's fun to watch them grow up, but there's just also something about a baby that makes me never want to give them up. So sweet and precious and scrumptious. I am so grateful for our Katie Grace.












2 comments:

Kristen said...

So sweet! We feel the same way about Sebastian right now. If only we could freeze time...

Neen said...

She is such a little version of the older girls. All beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs