1. Where was the last place that you took a trip?
This past year included many, many trips back and forth from Corpus Christi to Houston as we transitioned to moving back to the Houston area, and about 6 weeks in an extended stay hotel, so we didn't have a big vacation this year. But our trip to San Antonio for the Fullness of Truth Conference in August was a fun long weekend getaway and vacation for our family!
2. What book are you currently reading?
I'm still plugging along through the Anne of Green Gables series. I am currently reading Anne of Ingleside, but ever since we left the hotel I haven't read much (I had been enjoying reading while on the elliptical in the hotel gym a few days a week). I also finally bought The Nesting House, which I'm slowly reading. It's the perfect book for me right now as I'm trying to find peace in a house that needs some updating!
3. Which candy do you covet in your kids’ Halloween stash?
I'm not a chocolate fan, but I like all the fruity candies like Starburst, Skittles, Runts, or gummy bears.
4. What did you wear in your hair when you got married?
I wore a veil that I made out of a soft sheer fabric (not tulle!), with ribbons and beads sewed along the edges. It wasn't too long; just went down to the back of my knees or so. I sewed the top of the veil onto a simple beaded clip and my hair was in a kind of fancy bun. Here's one of my favorite photos from our wedding day, before we went into the reception.
5. Do you prefer to hand-write or type?
6. Pickles: Dill or Sweet?
No thank you on pickles :)
7. Pies: Apple or Pumpkin?
I love Apple Pie!
8. Which do you enjoy more: cooking or baking?
I'm not sure if I really enjoy doing either one. I guess I'd say cooking though. I like it when new recipes turn out well. I don't like the messes from baking! But the girls enjoy baking, and I'll clean up their messes for desserts that I don't have to bake myself :)
9. Have you ever ridden on a motorcycle or vespa?
10. Do you play any musical instruments?
I play the guitar, but not fluently ;) I can strum some nice praise songs, but I haven't played much since having kids. One of these days...
Now I'll tag Catherine at Catholic Mom Apologia, Mary at Counting Gifts of Grace, and Andrea at His Will My Peace. I'll use a few of her questions and a few of my own...
1. What are you reading now?
2. What are you most looking forward to during the upcoming holidays?
3. What's your favorite spot in your home (especially for you in your new place, Mary!)?
4. What's your favorite Halloween candy?
5. What was your favorite song at your wedding?
6. Which of your children had the most creative costume this year?
7. Who is currently your favorite saint?
8. What was a special homeschooling moment you had recently?
9. Do you have a pet?
10. Do you have a favorite TV/Netflix series right now?
Linking with Jen at Conversion Diary. Happy Halloween, everyone!